Page 33 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Site Supporter
    @blues in the videos I watched it seemed to be similar percentages. The people contributing to the fire in the precinct were probably 70-30 or 80-20 whit versus black. Folks from both races were openly talking about scoring free alcohol from looted liquor stores. I will note that most of the streams I watched the streamers went out of their way to not film the identies of serious looters so I have a relatively limited view of events.

Some of the more interesting looting I saw was some folks backing their car up to the broken door of a Vitamin Shoppe.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @blues in the videos I watched it seemed to be similar percentages. The people contributing to the fire in the precinct were probably 70-30 or 80-20 whit versus black. Folks from both races were openly talking about scoring free alcohol from looted liquor stores. I will note that most of the streams I watched the streamers went out of their way to not film the identies of serious looters so I have a relatively limited view of events.

Some of the more interesting looting I saw was some folks backing their car up to the broken door of a Vitamin Shoppe.
    Thanks, @Caballoflaco. I wonder how many antifa and anarchists made there way up for the soiree.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If you’ve seen the video of the “cop” breaking the windows of the AutoZone and being confronted by Pink Shirt Pizza Dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vurPRZbLvc

There’s another video that seems to show them casually strolling along like buddies:

http://tuckbot.tv/#/watch/gsl79n

Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thanks, @Caballoflaco. I wonder how many antifa and anarchists made there way up for the soiree.
    I did hear a report on the scanner feed saying people in antifa shirts and helmets were heading downtown.

Being in 2 Riots at work ..there comes a time when you have to crush the Rioters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    There seemed to be quite a few who would I would say fit that description.

Eta: from a poster on a different forum who has never tripped my bullshit detector:
    Minnesota ruined it? I have a relative who lives in one of those neighborhoods. She said the streets were lined with cars with out-of-state license plates.
    In reference to BBI’s post earlier about sociological/geographical differences that part of the country has had a comparatively heavy leftist/communist contingent since before WWII.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-29-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Relevant to the use of force discussion, I was having the conversation with my wife this morning over breakfast. Background: we have both managed independently owned businesses with retail locations, hers was her family's. She put forward that the pawn shop owner's action (shooting a looter/rioter) was stupid and indefensible. Get out, that's what insurance is for. I agree with unwise, but say, "Imagine we happened to already be there, maybe taking away the last of certain inventory, maybe we were there earlier for whatever reason, and decided to hunker down once things get dicey (we have both done similar when BLM protests started to heat up with police in our neighborhoods. NYC seems to be historically less riot prone than most places, though). Now, I am not a super easy target, and reasonably strong and capable, and have a hell of a 100 HD dash. She is none of those things. If a crowd of people smashed the windows and came in, do we assume they are here for the jewelry, or wait to see if they think my ass needs a beatdown, or if they want to "have fun" with her? What if one young man hops the counter and runs at me? Is he looking for the cash register, or do I assume he and his 6 buddies behind him have something else in mind? If it's me alone, I went out the back once the window got smashed. If that wasn't an option, I tell the boys, take whatever you're gonna take, you and I have no beef. If it's her with me, neither of those seems like an option to me in the slightest.

We have no idea what happened inside that store. We have no idea if he saw through the windows incendiary devices in the crowd. Duty to retreat applies if you can actually retreat to a safer place. The middle of that neighborhood in Minneapolis last night does not seem like a safe place to me, even a little bit.

We don't know anything about the situation, other than a officer in the middle of an insanely stressful situation said a man with a rifle was inside, and there was a guy with a GSW on the sidewalk. We don't know what either was doing before, where, or to whom, and certainly why.

Forgive me if this has been covered; this thread is moving faster than I can follow on a work day:

https://www.startribune.com/derek-ch...ter/570869672/

Here's a list of the buildings damaged, looted in Minneapolis and St. Paul. The scale of it all is greater than you can imagine; quite literally more than I had the energy to count and list for you all. Who needs to worry about China and Russia when we have endless cycles of this stuff tearing our country apart from within?

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...neapolis-riots

Site Supporter
    Interesting and horrible diversion, from Sidhe's link:

Floyd then began repeating "I can't breathe" along with "Mama" and "please," the charges read. One or more of the officers said to Floyd, "You are talking fine" as he continued moving back and forth.
    When men are dying they call for their mother. I read that in the no-man's land between the trenches in WWI, wounded men who could not be rescued, did not call their support for King or Kaiser, they called for their mother.

In the naval battles around Guadalcanal, the horribly wounded US sailors would be held in the arms of their comrades and call for their mothers.

My wife heard this about Floyd last night and was shaken by it.

User Tag List