Page 59 of 194 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    City is on Tactical Alert, and I am waiting to be called in.

Intel is rather....disturbing.

pat
    Thanks for all the well wishes and PMs. Intel was wrong. Big nothing.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Yeah, that was weird to listen to. Sure, removing the plates from a car makes it harder to identify from a distance, but I feel like it's just about guaranteed to draw the attention of law enforcement, right? Either I'm missing something, or that part of the looter/instigator strategy makes very little sense.
    When all the cops are looking for looters and firebombers - license plates are not of strong interest. No plates on the cars is just a way for them to avoid being recorded by anyone else who is watching (like the nosy neighbor or cameras).

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Thanks for all the well wishes and PMs. Intel was wrong. Big nothing.

pat
    Good.

It looks like it wasn’t too bad last night. But still plenty of looting. Including some at the nearby (1.5 blocks away) liquor store and pharmacy.

“It would seem to me that there needs to be a painfully frank and honest examination of two questions: How the fuck did we get here? What can be done to fix it?”

Stop electing people who don’t know how to police. Stop putting people in charge who have zero expertise in use of force and you likely get better results.

I listened to a black activist the other day complaining that he cannot understand why this keeps happening and they have done everything they can politically by electing Democrats and minorities. He answered his own question. Democrats and minority is not a use of force training expert. Good old Chief Rondo in Minneapolis is lauded for his background as a School Resource Officer and fighter for Social Justice his entire career and nobody can figure how why his senior officer at that arrest scene thought that keeping a suspect pinned face down was the proper position to avoid positional asphyxiation and to deal with excited delerium. I d like to see the training records when he was last trained in that. On a good note, there is an extensive policy on dealing with Transgender suspects.....which I found to be truly stupid. And....having vastly more experience with arresting Transgender folks than anyone here, I can say they absolutely loved our cops. It is a topic I am intimately familiar with, and we didn’t need a policy on. Training for very high liability and risk things in law enforcement need to be regular, relevant and recent (which is optimally every 30 days) for perishable skills. Along with the officers being arrested, the Mayor and Chief should be as well as.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    When all the cops are looking for looters and firebombers - license plates are not of strong interest. No plates on the cars is just a way for them to avoid being recorded by anyone else who is watching (like the nosy neighbor or cameras).
    Normally, perhaps, but over the last few days/nights, though, it seems to be a marker for "this car is up to no good," which is why I'm thinking it would draw attention.

On a happy-ish note, the SPPD scanner feed seems pretty quiet this morning, so *maybe* the curfew helped. I'm not exactly about to relax yet, but it seems like a good sign at least.

Quote Originally Posted by srcochran49 View Post
    As someone who was actively involved with LE duties during that time period in Miami-Dade county, I have no recollection of that event. If you have a source for that I would appreciate you posting it.
    Source was a peer officer who was assigned to the unit that was targeted. Might have been an apocryphal story, but that's what I was told from "someone who was there."

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

I believe antifa and George Soros are trying to bring down America from within and are pure evil. I think the press is complicit in these activities.. I think any person who's of reasonable age and experience would understand the constitution protects people like this. However I believe the focus needs to be on the cause of the massive destruction done to our cities and the displacement of good hard-working business owners and people that results from it.
    I fully agree with this section.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by srcochran49 View Post
    As someone who was actively involved with LE duties during that time period in Miami-Dade county, I have no recollection of that event. If you have a source for that I would appreciate you posting it.
    I don't remember that either. Hurricane Andrew was five years to the day after I transferred to the SAC/Miami office.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    ABC News showed additional video of the police calmly walking, what appears to be an already handcuffed George Floyd from a car, onto the sidewalk and toward a building. I've also heard a radio report indicating the police spent 10 minutes trying to get Mr. Floyd into a patrol car.

The public is currently missing information between the sidewalk/building and how Mr. Floyd ended back on the street and on the ground.
    I'm quoting myself here, as I've scanned the thread and watched the news, but I've still not seen a video, which surely must exist, of the time between Mr. Floyd being on the sidewalk and subsequently on the ground in the street.

I'm not a conspiracy type person, but I'm intrigued by the absence of this video on the news, unless I just missed it.

Site Supporter
    Demonstrations in SC yesterday turned violent overnight in Columbia and Charleston with rocks thrown, shots fired, patrol cars set ablaze, windows smashed and businesses looted. A curfew was enacted and things seem peaceful this morning but local news is reporting a second demonstration scheduled for midday at the State House today.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I'm quoting myself here, as I've scanned the thread and watched the news, but I've still not seen a video, which surely must exist, of the time between Mr. Floyd being on the sidewalk and subsequently on the ground in the street.

I'm not a conspiracy type person, but I'm intrigued by the absence of this video on the news, unless I just missed it.
    For the sake of discussion, let's say he was going batshit crazy and acting in an extremely threatening manner toward police. Would that change any opinions of the ground video?
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List