Page 60 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Here in Manassas last night they deployed tear gas to the "demonstration" on Sudley Rd (main commercial thoroughfare in town). I've since heard rumors of a planned riot in "Old Town" Manassas today. I'm a mile from Old Town, so this could spill out into my neighborhood or at least affect any travels I might undertake today.
    I didn't realize that you were in Manassas. One of the guys on my team lives in Bristow, and several others in our office live in PW county. You guys be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    For the sake of discussion, let's say he was going batshit crazy and acting in an extremely threatening manner toward police. Would that change any opinions of the ground video?
    That what the officer did was absolutely wrong? No. But (assuming he was violently resisting) it would certainly shed light on why he wanted to keep him pinned and under control.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

For the sake of discussion, let's say he was going batshit crazy and acting in an extremely threatening manner toward police. Would that change any opinions of the ground video?
    With the number of officers present, once he was restrained, (including legs if necessary), there was no longer a need for any extreme technique to be employed. He could have been secured in a safe(r) fashion without officers being put at risk...or...trundled while hogtied into a vehicle.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It would seem to me that there needs to be a painfully frank and honest examination of two questions:
    The first two sentences of DB's answer pretty much summarizes what I was going to say. Also, remember that Mayor Jacob Frey pretty much opposed police getting any quality sustained training.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ing-for-Police

The media is spinning 'warrior training' as the reason why this happened from a glance at search results.

I'm intrigued how a check fraud arrest turns into a wrestling match with the police and a subsequent death.

I was also fascinated by the Eric Garner death, which was the result of an attempted arrest for selling individual cigarets on the street.

The thought of going hand to hand with even one police officer is such a foreign concept to me, I have trouble grasping why somebody would do this, and especially for such minor charges.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I'm intrigued how a check fraud arrest turns into a wrestling match with the police and a subsequent death.

I was also fascinated by the Eric Garner death, which was the result of an attempted arrest for selling individual cigarets on the street.

The thought of going hand to hand with even one police officer is such a foreign concept to me, I have trouble grasping why somebody would do this, and especially for such minor charges.
    You're a civilized, (mostly, i'm assuming) law abiding, productive member of society.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post

Intoxication.

Lack of forethought.

Cultural expectations. I've had men fight then apologize in private, they had to fight so they didn't "look like a bitch " in front of their buddies.

Anger issues and a cultural and familial experience that the way to resolve anger is physical abuse of another.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    The first two sentences of DB's answer pretty much summarizes what I was going to say. Also, remember that Mayor Jacob Frey pretty much opposed police getting any quality sustained training.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ing-for-Police

The media is spinning 'warrior training' as the reason why this happened from a glance at search results.
    Go back and read that thread.....the answers are all there. I wrote a tirade on Facebook based on this that has gone fairly viral on this exact topic.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Intoxication.

Lack of forethought.

Cultural expectations. I've had men fight then apologize in private, they had to fight so they didn't "look like a bitch " in front of their buddies.

Anger issues and a cultural and familial experience that the way to resolve anger is physical abuse of another.
    This.

Particularly the part about respect from the crowd. Once loaded and removed, most do a 180 and are easy to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Intoxication.

Lack of forethought.

Yep. I had a guy in the Bronx, (who had done time for murder), ask me and my partner to put him cuffs and put him in the back of the G-ride so his friends could see him being taken by the feds. (Even though we simply wanted to "interview" him in connection with a threat made against a federal official.)

It was a status / street cred thing. This was about 1984, 1985 or so.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List