Page 149 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.val...TQaS3dSk3nYU58

McAllen police: Man detained for waving chainsaw at protesters

Attachment 55452

The irony here is you have what appears to be a Hispanic guy, Using a chainsaw to threaten a bunch of “black lives matter protesters” who are all white And most likely are not from the Rio Grande Valley.
    That flag depicts the famed “Goliad Chain Saw”. Little seen or even known to most Tejanos, the GCS lay undiscovered until March, 1936, by San Antonio de Bidet, almost 100 years to the day after it was used to provide firewood for the Defenders of The Alamo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Respectfully, how recent are your observations of newer officers?

I have 14 years in, with 3 1/2 as a street sergeant in a university town and by and large I’m not seeing the behavior you have observed. Most of my new officers tend to hesitate or attempt to negotiate much longer than they should, often beyond the point the person is made clear that they are not going to participate in a non-physical resolution.

I’m not in a position to say exactly why new officers are so hesitant to go hands-on, but I suspect it is a combination of factors involving a lack of experience with physical confrontation, plus high degrees of awareness of the current social opinions regarding police use of force. Whether they realize it or not, some of these new officers are willing to jeopardize their own safety for sake of the court of public opinion.

ETA- The unfortunate side effect of the delayed response is it often requires higher levels of force in order to catch up from a position behind the eight ball. Often times force used early on can lower the total amount of force necessary to resolve the situation.
    This exactly. Particularly the last edit.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Or consider the Arbery case. Less police will mean more vigilante killings.
    I think we're headed in that direction. The police are losing the media battle. Too many viral videos like that old guy that got his head cracked open because he wasn't smart enough to step aside, or maybe he had dementia. Who cares how it happened, it happened and the police got some really bad media coverage. There have been a few incidents around here where the police shot drugged up unarmed street people. That doesn't play well with folks who drive their BMW's to work and live on the lake. They expect much better from their civil servants. Those are the people on the city counsels and in the mayors office. None of them have ever been on any front line. They just need to get reelected.

I see some cities becoming real shit holes without any police. The ones that do have police will have contracted private security companies to provide the services. It won't be cheap and they may even bill the property owners for the service like garbage disposal. City officials will no longer have to pay out large settlements for rouge cops and police unions will disappear. All very conveniently spelled out in the contract for services. Private security companies like Blackwater will pop up everywhere. The income for a private security professional will be enough that they won't mind going to a riot and they won't be afraid some mayor or police chief is going to hang them out to dry because they shot some dude while blasting away with an AR or throwing a molotov cocktail. And the biggest plus of all, they will have the mindset and training they need to do the job.

I saw this happen where I worked. We used to provide professional services on projects that were owned by the county. Because we were union we had some difficulty with marginal employees that affected our performance. Management found it much easier and cheaper to let the contractor deal with the professional services and write that cost into the bid. Our professional services at that time were about 2K/day in the private sector. I know how it worked because I had experience in both the private and public sector.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-05-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That flag depicts the famed “Goliad Chain Saw”. Little seen or even known to most Tejanos, the GCS lay undiscovered until March, 1936, by San Antonio de Bidet, almost 100 years to the day after it was used to provide firewood for the Defenders of The Alamo.
    The irony continues.

Name:  C4DAACE2-73AD-47CC-A127-F43FFF6263DF.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  29.9 KB

One of the criticisms out of the DOJ investigation into Ferguson PD was that much of their budget was provided through fine revenue, leading to intense pressure on officers’ enforcement actions and subsequent community legal entanglements. We already have private, for-profit correctional institutions which are pretty widely reviled. I’m not sure the profit motive has a legitimate role in the justice system.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Name:  0B74D124-72EF-4D29-9C1F-A7BD410F0CD0.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  41.0 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    One of the criticisms out of the DOJ investigation into Ferguson PD was that much of their budget was provided through fine revenue, leading to intense pressure on officers’ enforcement actions and subsequent community legal entanglements. We already have private, for-profit correctional institutions which are pretty widely reviled. I’m not sure the profit motive has a legitimate role in the justice system.
    https://www.motorists.org/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

George Floyd had violent criminal history

(This might have been posted somewhere already... if so, I missed it before now.)

It's a long article, with a tonne of new information. You'll want to read it for yourself, if you haven't already.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...son-Texas.html

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I’m honestly not sure what you’re trying to say, although that website has some sovereign citizen overtones.

My whole point was bad things happen when the profit motive creeps into the justice system, let alone a privatized/contracted LE force being discussed. It would be ripe for negative influences and outcomes.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List