Page 146 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ve got One Easy Trick to avoid riot cops from knocking me down. It involves not standing in their way with my hand in their space and me shouting. He shouldn’t have been shoved, but he still should have known better.

Speaking of that:
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-team-resigns/
    I agree with this.

In general there is already an issue with “Ask, Tell, Make” becoming “ask, ask again, debate, tell. make.” Under the current circumstances of civil unrest it is reasonable to shorten that “Tell, Make.” America is the world champion in you’re not the boss of me which means that they were going to be people that have to be made to do things.

Specifically the injured party is a left wing “activist” who has been participating in protests for decades. He should know better. This background indicates either he thought he was the special snowflake that the orders to clear out did not apply to or he did what he did intentionally like an NBA or Soccer player taking a “flop.”

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Cool. Let's move on. Are officers more or less hesitant to use force on blacks today due to attention from the brass, media, and public.

Guess which in custody deaths get more media.

Italians?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Kids! Put away those frowny faces! George Floyd is having a great day today!

"Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that is happening for our country. This is a great day for him. It's a great day for everybody." Trump added. "This is a great, great day in terms of equality."
    Which emoji do we use for cringe? I mean super f'ing cringe?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Italians?
    The answer is always attractive blonds!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'd be in favor of requiring 1 year of (paid) military or social service as a college entry requirement.

We do a lot of "reality" volunteering. In particular, as a HS senior my daughter spent over 300 hours volunteering in 2 local hospitals, as part of of a Clinical Studies class. In the first 2 weeks she witnessed a natural birth, a cesarean and 2 people being taken off life support and passing. At 16.5 years old. She was always a grounded kid, but the experience certainly helped shape the person she is today.
    That's fantastic. I wish more kids had the experience your daughter did. I remember very vividly the first time I delivered a baby, the first time I did chest compressions, the first time I saw someone die, and so on. Those events are deeply important parts of the human experience to which most people do not bear meaningful witness until they have no choice. Everyone should have the experience your daughter did.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Good for you! I think I've been off all social media for five years or so now. Pistol forum is the closest thing to social media I participate in. I also have not watched the news for over five years as well. Quality of life has increased by orders of magnitude just by cutting that bullshit out. If there is a topic I am interested in or a current event. I do my own research on the issue from a few different sources. Less stress, less propaganda, less negativity, feels good.
    These days, the only two places I spend any online time at are here and the S&W forum (the blue one). The latter much less so. While it's a great source for knowledge on collecting and sourcing parts for old guns, once the discussion moves to defense or tactics it's a complete box of clown shoes. It's also run by a bunch of God damned puritans.

I have real world friends I've known for years who are educated and well intentioned, but I'm fed up with reading their uninformed opinions on current events that occur outside their bubble. I've had enough of the attitude that I spent 25 years of my life in the Nazi party. I have a set number of days left in my life and I don't want to waste them with that shit.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    https://www.policeone.com/george-flo...P8VYfKTKPeDQ9M

Some Ky. police stage protest, walk out on mayor The walkout of dozens of officers was an unplanned response to the mayor's appearance at roll call Wednesday

Expect to see more of this in cities with liberal Democrat mayors who shit on their cops like Atlanta.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-05-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    That is because of the lack of political will to actually ask the country to get behind the GWOT.

How many guard and reserve soldiers do you know that have been in since 2001, and how many deployments do they have? How many active component soldiers do you know, and how many deployments do they have?

I feel that is going to bit us in the rear down the rode on way over inflated reserve retirements. Not to mention and even bigger problem with worn out soldiers and reservists.

I feel a period of universal national service would be a good thing for the country and our youth. We have lots of infrastructure to repair, lots of things to be done. Major problem I see is, of course budgetary, and then competition with privately held firms for some of the projects. There are other things to consider, but I think it be worth a look.

I also feel an ongoing draft, no deferments except for physical or mental, would be a good thing. A lottery with numbers drawn each year to make up any recruiting shortfall, some years maybe a 1,000 or so, other years more.
    I love the idea of national service, but I hate the idea of forced national service. I feel like everyone has the obligation, but is it really national service if you do it under duress? My blanket authority for a day actions would probably involve dramatically expanding the types of service that qualify you for GI bill style benefits across many facets of entry level public service.

Wrt lack of a draft, if there is no political will to ask for a draft, why do we have the political will to go to war? Probably a rhetorical question that we agree on the answer to, but if the politicians starting the war are not willing to put themselves or their own families on the line for the cause, I can't help but think that they think its a bullshit cause (or that they don't have the qualification to be a public servant).

The burnout and high op-tempo load on our forces is terrible (or at least the folks I know and have worked with) and I am not sure how to fix that without dramatically increasing the size of the military beyond even the wildest budgetary dreams of congress. I would love to dump tons of money into infrastructure, but every time it comes up, it seems like there are all kinds of private companies lined up to rebuild public infrastructure in a way that allows them to monetize it - its a personal pet peeve of mine when a previously public highway turns into a toll road...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Across the border, from what I've seen and heard, applicants are going down. There are fewer applicants for more jobs, as a result most departments cant be as choosy, or they work short because they work compromise standards. An acquaintance related how hard it was to get folks hired - in general they had run a guy most of the way through the process, they were making a conditional offer of employment to the kid. The way I was told it was the kid asks okay, when will I be working? Kind of puzzled about that question this far in, they explain, first the Academy, then FTO, then out to patrol, we are a 24/7 year-round operation, we rotate shifts and days off. Kid says 'oh that won't work for me' and goes on to explain all the activities he is involved in. Head slap.
    Thanks for the insight, it is disappointing to hear.

And the ATF is asking for the public to help identify some Saint Paul firebugs:

https://kstp.com/news/atf-releases-p...5752142/?cat=1

(Hooray! my first link stripped of FB tracking strings!)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List