Page 117 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Really? Did we sleep through Obama’s “If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon” stoking of racial tensions? He brought the pot to boil IMO, and I’ll grant that Trump doesn’t do himself many favors opening his mouth but this ain’t his solely his doing. Not by a loooooong shot.
    Even good generals can be foolish. Being good at war doesn’t make you good at everything.

Mattis seems to be another guy who doesn’t understand where the real threat comes from.

While I deeply appreciate Trump for fighting the left, you’re right about him opening his mouth. He could be so much more effective if he would filter some of his thoughts. Some people filtered too much, like President Bush, and Trump not enough.

Gonna inject some humor here...

Name:  7974B56B-F7F2-4BD3-AB4C-99D58E161CD0.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  41.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Gen. Mattis just tore trump a new one. Trump frankly is done
    Possible, but then we will have a nation with even bigger imbeciles at the helm. Not sure that I agree with Gen. Mattis, but hopefully he has more info on hand than I do. Although I do wonder where he was during the 8 years of the Obama admin.

Trump may be a total asshat, but he is the less smelly asshat of the bunch offering to lead this nation. Which is sadly what this country has devolved to politically over the last few decades. Voting for the least pungent asshole on the ballot. Between Biden/DNC vision for this country and Trump I'll take my chances with 4 more years of Trump any day.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    They're basically a far-left PAC that self-finances by selling ice cream. I try not to get too heavily into judging companies on their politics and I don't keep an ideological purity test for my purchases... but some - and B&J is a solid example - are such insufferable assclowns about their political statements that it just becomes unpalatable. JM2C.
    Leaves a bad taste in your mouth?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Leaves a bad taste in your mouth?
    I'm not quite on @blues level yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Really? Did we sleep through Obama’s “If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon” stoking of racial tensions? He brought the pot to boil IMO, and I’ll grant that Trump doesn’t do himself many favors opening his mouth but this ain’t his solely his doing. Not by a loooooong shot.
    Yeah, and remember how he stood behind armed groups surrounding his political opponents and cheered them on. And then threatened to send in troops. And put right-wing reporters in cages and encouraged his supporters to have a good five minutes hate. And so on and so on.....

It's funny how Obama was simultaneously a weak nebbish, but also a hate-monger. I would think the current unrest (and Watts, LA in the 90s, etc, etc, etc.) shows there is plenty of anger that doesn't need a president to set it off.

OTOH, anyone who thinks Trump is the major driver behind this is a fool. This is a "chickens coming home to roost" moment.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 06-03-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Not his best work, but I’ll leave this here anyways.

https://www.jack-donovan.com/sowilo/...ainst-tyranny/

Better, IMHO:

https://www.jack-donovan.com/sowilo/...02/the-script/

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermont#Demographics

Who wouldn't appreciate a lesson on "white supremacy" from a couple of rich white guys from 90.8% non-Hispanic white, 2.2% black, Vermont.

"Vermont was the second-whitest state in the Union after Maine."

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I'm not quite on @blues level yet.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I'm glad Mattis is finally speaking, but I don't think any of this will pull people off their positions. His chance to call out dysfunctional leadership was long ago.

He'll just be denounced as a liberal and supporters will move on.
    When the strike of the hawk breaks the body of its prey it is because of . . . timing. (A dead Chinese guy)

We can’t know yet. But I don’t “think” his voice would have had as much impact as right now. Time will tell.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List