Page 112 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    All protesters are not rioters and all rioters are not protesters but it sure seems like all riots start with a protest.
    You appear to have a problem with the Bill of Rights.

SecDef Mike Esper just came out against the use of troops to restore order. I expect he will be removed shortly.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

All protesters are not rioters and all rioters are not protesters but it sure seems like all riots start with a protest.
    I mean...riots don't appear out of thin air. Then they'd be called "mobs"...

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @RevolverRob

While the Mayor’s speech was a bit overtop (in a Trumpish way) protests have still been allowed pre-curfew. But, when it’s curfew time you leave or go to jail. At least yesterday and Monday a few folks decided to be arrested as a form of civil disobedience, but I thnk only one was charged with resisting arrest downtown.
    That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    SecDef Mike Esper just came out against the use of troops to restore order. I expect he will be removed shortly.
    Evidently the church photo-op clusterfuck was Ivanka and Hicks' idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    This would be why I advocate for the protesters to police their own much more aggressively. If a bad actor is found, they need to be educated in the error of their ways. I'll leave others in the moment to decide what that education should be.
    Agree in principle, but in practice the nonviolent protesters have a hard time dealing with people who are happy to be violent.

The civil rights protest marches in the 60s were not open to anyone who showed up. They were groups of volunteers who had been specifically trained in nonviolence.

Name:  trained.JPG
Views: 366
Size:  48.1 KB

The current protests don't have that level of organization. It's sad that they should have to.
    Last edited by peterb; 06-03-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    You appear to have a problem with the Bill of Rights.
    No, he absolutely does not and he's got it right. Once lawful, peaceable assembly (and protest) devolves into rioting, looting, assault, robbery and vandalism, the criminal behavior is no longer sanctified by the BoR.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    @RevolverRob

As I said a couple days ago. At this point, if you're organizing a "protest," you're basically providing an engraved invitation and cover to bad actors, and that makes you part of the problem.

What message is your protest going to deliver that everyone in the country isn't well aware of by now? What more needs to be demonstrated about that's worth inviting the destroyers and thieves into anybody's neighborhood?
    This was my thought as well. If bad actors continue to use your peaceful protests as a cover for illegal acts, maybe something different needs to be done. They can publicly denounce the looters and rioters all they want, but the bottom line is they are providing the cover for these people and no matter how well intentioned the protesting may have started, their cause will forever be remembered for the violence and destruction of innocent people’s property that it led to.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    What does Florida man and an older case in Utah have to do with the current rioting?
    Pattern. There have been more of these in other locations during the current unpleasantness

Of course, one cannot condemn the current protest without also condemning the various lockdown protest of a few weeks ago, or the Virginia gun rights protest a few months ago.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Of course, one cannot condemn the current protest without also condemning the various lockdown protest of a few weeks ago, or the Virginia gun rights protest a few months ago.
    I missed something - there was rioting and looting at the lockdown protest or the VA gun rights protest? Why do these events not have the riots and property damage? Why does antifa and anarchists not take advantage of peaceful lockdown protests ?
    Last edited by ranger; 06-03-2020 at 01:34 PM.

User Tag List