Page 10 of 194 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Yes.

A Carotid Artery choke when applied properly takes about eight SECONDS to render someone unconscious. Hold it for eight minutes?? Their gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eight seconds? When LL’s brother put me into one, I tapped out after maybe two seconds. Absolutely astounding how quickly you feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Minneapolis police radio feed.
    Surprising to not see any breaking news style headlines on CNN, etc.

If I just heard correctly, some are throwing large fireworks at officers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Lake Street is a major e-w 4 lane artery through Mpls.
    The block area referred to is a major shopping section with a Super Target and a large local grocery chain on one side, and a MPD precinct on the other. Sounds like there is looting & fire setting going on.
    ‘Whoever is throwing large fireworks at us, mark them’

‘May be a bomb set to explode, not sure if that is the object...’

‘Resupply munitions’

😳

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In this case, I don’t see it. However, do not make the mistake of assuming “handcuffed” always equals “effectively restrained” Officers get head-butted, bitten, spit on and kicked by handcuffed suspects all the time. Like everything else, context dictates.
    And that is absolutely true, but if that were the case - the officer needing to do so to effectively restrain - you'd think the officer would be paying some attention to what he perceived as a threat to his safety. That wasn't happening. The optic was horrible.

The Minneapolis rioters just burned down that den of social justice inequity, Autozone.
    Watch out O'Reilly Auto Parts! You're Next!

The Minneapolis rioters just burned down that den of social justice inequity, Autozone.
    DAMNIT MAN!

Will the madness never end? Where else am I gonna get cheap Chinese and Mexican made parts for my daughter's-boyfriend's-cousin's-car that I gotta fix in my driveway so he can drive his grandma to dialysis?!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    OK I get it. I get why "clip" is aggravating too. My MA years were in the '90's and the LEO's in my school used that terminology as well.
    Probably the best “real life” illustration of the rear naked choke effectiveness is this BJJ match between Marcelo Garcia vs. Vitor Ribeiro. At the 10 second mark Garcia has his arm under Ribeiro’s chin; by 20 seconds Ribeiro is unconscious and limp...

https://youtu.be/X_8O-fq-NI4

Most people can hold their breath for 1-2 minutes before losing consciousness. Ribeiro was out in 10 seconds.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Thanks to all who replied to my uneducated question. It's great to be able to hear from people with first hand and real world scenario's - and to try and gain an understanding of as much as possible. (Which we never get from "News" outlets).

It just further increases my respect and appreciation for what LEO's face and how much good they do for the community - and how much damage the few rotten eggs can do.

Thank you to all who serve with integrity!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Eight seconds? When LL’s brother put me into one, I tapped out after maybe two seconds. Absolutely astounding how quickly you feel it.
    Brachial Plexus Stun - a blow to brachial plexus origin (side of the neck, below and forward of ear - generally with forearm or back of hand) causes momentary unconsciousness by shock to the carotid, jugular, and vagus nerve.

Last edited by DDTSGM; 05-27-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Rioters burned and looted several stores including a Target.

Yeah, that will surely make people sympathetic to your cause.

User Tag List