Page 64 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Interesting contrast of perspectives.

Attachment 55140
    I can't verify this is "actual". I apologize for not checking first.

Still, funny though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    But not surprising.
    Yeah, funny how it's a lot easier to say things like "burn it down" and feel righteous about it when it's not *your* neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Yeah, funny how it's a lot easier to say things like "burn it down" and feel righteous about it when it's not *your* neighborhood.
    Everyone is conservative about what they know best.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I can't verify this is "actual". I apologize for not checking first.

Still, funny though.
    It's in his twitter feed and he is getting some heat for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    It's in his twitter feed and he is getting some heat for it.
    Phrasing?

Best I could tell he deleted it and a few folks had links to an archived copy (I am putting trust in the archive until proven otherwise).

Do you have a link to an undeleted original tweet?

This is some straight up bullshit. Minneapolis PD has a lot more issues in its department than killing Mr. Floyd.

Reported to be an Atfia member paying people to riot. Not sure if that's what's going or not but pretty odd for a white guy to be giving some black guys money and then tell them what to do.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    This is some straight up bullshit. Minneapolis PD has a lot more issues in its department than killing Mr. Floyd.

I counted no less than 10 times of being told to go inside.

I guess during a city with riots, go inside might mean go the fuck inside.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I counted no less than 10 times of being told to go inside.

I guess during a city with riots, go inside might mean go the fuck inside.
    So I get "complying with lawful orders" and all that, but that's going to be a hard sell to a lot of people when all she's doing is standing on her porch 50 ft away with her phone. I pretty much can't imagine most people thinking that will mean "or we're going to light you up" for not obeying orders but also not posing a threat.

That middle ground of "not doing what the police said quickly enough" seems to be where a ton of the disagreement about appropriate use of force comes in.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Interesting contrast of perspectives.

Attachment 55140
    That's America in a nutshell right now. The police are caught in the middle as a schizophrenic society can't decide if they want Mayberry RFD or a police department capable of stopping mass rioting and where the measures to stop mass rioting must not inconvenience them in any way.

What the fuck does everyone expect from the continuing balkanization of the US?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That's America in a nutshell right now. The police are caught in the middle as a schizophrenic society can't decide if they want Mayberry RFD or a police department capable of stopping mass rioting and where the measures to stop mass rioting must not inconvenience them in any way.

What the fuck does everyone expect from the continuing balkanization of the US?
    Everyone wants "American values" except when it comes to their special interest group. Then they get extra special benefits. So, pretty much everyone wants unicorn status and a special subset of laws which give them carte blanche in whichever sphere or realm they deign to go.

Everyone is Karen...whether they like to admit it or not. And if the standardized "Karen" doesn't look like them, then they are free to make prejudicial remarks with impunity.

Hooray for America.

And let's not forget looter rights, and arsonist rights, and my feelings were hurt rights. Because you can't infringe...

The law don't go around here, Mr. Kansas law dog. Savvy?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List