Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would your bid be for this?

What would your bid be for this?

If it were up for sale? Not saying it is. Just seems the value of these have gone way up over the past few years and wanted to get a feel for it.
    S&W 66-2, 3inch.
    Name:  S&W 66_2.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  71.0 KB

I would be a buyer at $425.

They are all over the map. There is what I pay....and pie in the sky Gunbroker with zero bids. That would basically be somewhere between $1000-$1800. This is why I tend to do a ton of trade stuff. If you want to sell it or barter out of it, let me know via PM. Or throw it up in the For Sale section. We won’t be doing an auction in this section.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    If you want to sell it or barter out of it, let me know via PM. Or throw it up in the For Sale section. We won’t be doing an auction in this section.
    He would need to be a paid subscriber to offer it for sale on this site. 'Nuff said.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Not up for sale or auction. Just an exercise in what people would pay out for this. Like Dagga I have seen them all over the place but have not looked recently.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGP100 View Post
    Not up for sale or auction. Just an exercise in what people would pay out for this. Like Dagga I have seen them all over the place but have not looked recently.
    I think you got the response because some folk end run forums that don't allow auction or sales by soft-posting an implied sale or auction ad as a "what's the value" and then take things offline with anyone interested.

Your best bet is going to Gunbroker and running a search for sold listing -- that gets a better idea of what people are actually currently willing to pay. S&W Forum will also have a higher per capita membership who's following these revolvers specifically and with a decent idea what money to expect.

A picture's nice but what's the actual condition (not just appearance but specs) and history of the revolver? Do you have any of the original accessories to sell with it? These factors significantly affect sale price and the ability to estimate it.

So, all that said, yes the 3" Ks sell at a premium, and the adjustable sighted 66 especially. Assuming it's in good shape, i.e., only minor handling marks, carries up and times properly, endshake and barrel-cylinder gap within spec -- all the basics are good -- and it's the gun alone, anywhere from $800 to $1000.

Mint with all accessories, you're starting around $1200 and up from them, all depending.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

If that were the only available image, I would not bid anything. I want to see images from every angle, and, then, I would want to ask questions. If the seller did not understand a few specific key words andphrases,I would thank him, and not bid.

I have only bought one revolver, without prior examination, and it was not an S&W. Too many S&W revolvers left the factory with issues.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    I'm not willing to pay enough to beat the scrambling offers of a couple other folks trying to out bid each other. So too bad, so sad, but I'm not a player for one of them.

Dave

One picture only, well that means you lower the amount you figure you could lose without feeling it and not affecting your budget, and bid your max, accordingly.
    Then walk away and just wait until you get a won or outbid notice.

For me, I found my revolver range day toy, for $400, and since I don't really plan on carrying one, the budget stays around that.

Do you have the original box? Paperwork? Tools? What else?

I recently bought a New Old Stock (unfired except proof firings and I was the fisr 4377 on it) 66-1 with TH/TT/TS/RFS/WOR and paid $950.00. Of course it had the matching box, unopened tools and all the untouched paperwork. I prefer to put my own "Dock Rash" on things I buy when ever possible.

Bob

User Tag List