Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CZ vs 1911 on the moon. Or something.

They're cool and easy to shoot?

I dunno, I confess I never quite understood the "why do I need" question set.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Not me. I carried as a civilian for the first time under the Clinton AWB and it directly influenced my choices. Magazine pricing and availability mattered.
    If you don’t mind me asking, out of shear morbid curiosity, what did you start carrying during that time frame?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    If you don’t mind me asking, out of shear morbid curiosity, what did you start carrying during that time frame?
    Like many new folks with little understanding, I rotated through a couple guns at first. A Taurus 85CH was my first gun, which I traded for a CZ40B (new gun at the time) which would take the cheap and readily available CZ75 magazines. .40S&W was still the hot newness, as well. I liked that gun and probably would have stuck with it but I got the first set of Big Dots ever on a CZ40B for free by sending the slide to the manufacture to test fit so they could start offering sights for that gun. Big dots suck, but I didn't know what I didn't know yet. I didn't get my OEM sights back, either. I ended up selling it to a friend who was much more impressed with Big dots then I was. I went looking for another CZ but the local gun shop owner had just gotten in the just released Springfield Loaded 1911 and he offered to sell me one at his cost to "get one out there for people to see". I jumped on it and carried that 1911 until I got hired by the PD and had to transition to Glock.

I never looked at Glock as a civilian because magazines were too expensive. If you wanted a full capacity double stack, CZ mags were available and cheap, Beretta mags weren't terrible, but 1911 magazines were readily available at every gun store, were newly manufactured, etc.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

This thread is boring, CZ vs 1911 on the moon...obviously there is a fair probability that there are Nazis who escaped up to the dark side of the moon after WWII so the obvious answer is the 2x WW champ 1911 in .45 Autogorammatic for your moon Nazi and any random Commies who may be up there plotting to tamper with our precious bodily fluids moon killing machine.

User Tag List