Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ vs 1911 on the moon. Or something.

CZ isn't the only game in town for 9mm either. If you want cocked and locked a P30 has that option. Very ergonomic.

Good 1911's are expensive. A Colt Combat Commander is 800 bucks, Sig compact and S&W Pro 1000, Dan Wesson 1911 (owned by CZ) is 1200. CZ75D compact about five fiddy.

I can understand why people like the 1911, I own a bunch of 1911's myself. 9mm is a Euro cartridge tho, so if you want to let form follow function a Euro (or commie) 9mm makes a lot of sense.

But then I'm not paying for it.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-26-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    It seems like people forget that the AWB is what saved the 1911 during the 90’s. If something similar happens again, but with more draconian measures regarding magazines etc. it will see another resurgence in popularity because why double stack if you only get 10 becomes a question worth asking again.

High % carry-over to my .45 1911s (gun handling, safeties, triggers etc) holsters, mag carriers, etc. Cheaper to shoot in volume.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I see them more as a more ergonomic High Power thing with DA over being a 1911 thing.
    Then the DWX came out.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

CZ vs 1911 on the moon. Or something.

I used to have fancy 1911s and an STI 2011. They didn't work very well, so now I don't.

I have 5 CZs in 9mm: 3 Shadow2's and 2 P-07s. All have been trouble free and as accurate as my 1911s were. For carry, I have come to strongly prefer DA/SA over a SA with a safety. In competitive shooting I focus on USPSA Production. So I have no need or desire for 1911s of any caliber.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-26-2020 at 03:48 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

As Larry Vickers would say The 1911 is a pistol for enthusiasts.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    ...while faking a british accent for a fine example of the art of the understatement

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Yeah, I get that. I’m think I’m a shooting enthusiast, but I lost my enthusiasm for 1911s.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I thought I had lost my enthusiasm for a 1911 as well...

until this past Sun when I hit an approx 9 x 13 target area ( it was a mini IPSC Target) at 40 yards, strong hand only, in a walk back competition with my Essentially stock Kimber Series I-“The Truth.” (VCD grips/skateboard tape front strap/Wilson Slip on Mag Well/arched MSH.)

My load was 5.5ish of 231 with a Missouri 230g RNL bullet.
    Mixed brass, Winchester large pistol primer. 4.0-4.5 lb trigger from the factory,with just a bit of take up.

Indeed, in about 100 rounds of 1911 shooting, I never missed the target area in question from 3-40 yards, 3x5, 8 inch circle or mini IPSC.

For me, any decent 1911 trigger is simply much easier to be accurate with at distance v. my very “wore in”
    Glock OEM Glock “-“/5.5 lbs TRS.

I know I shot that 1911 in 2019...maybe...I think.

PS edited to add- I too am waiting for the hands on reports re a DWX. If it is good as I hope it is I will spend money I do not have to get one immediately and another thereafter.

IPhone Typed
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 05-26-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    It seems like people forget that the AWB is what saved the 1911 during the 90’s.
    Not me. I carried as a civilian for the first time under the Clinton AWB and it directly influenced my choices. Magazine pricing and availability mattered.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List