Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight LPVOs?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Speaking of which, after doing some reading on the Meopta, I feel like I may have found my scope...
    Does Cameraland have that Meopta on sale today?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    They have the FFP Kdot, which I've read is not as bright as the SFP. Still a great price though.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    They have the FFP 1-6x24's for a great price, not the SFP scopes that I recall.
    "Beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The only reason I do't own one or more SWFA 1-4 or 1-6 is the lack of capped turrets. Target turrets or dialing make no sense to me on a 1-4 or a 1-6 a
    You'll be happy to know that for the last couple/several years they've offered capped or even capped-only on their LPVOs. They call it their "Undercover" turret feature.

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    SWFA SS HD are very reliable and I find the Donut of death great at close range. I don't think they have a 1-4 HD any more. The 1-6 HD is 14oz, but clunky rerticle.

The non-HD 1-4 is the best budget value ($400) out there IMO. I would love to see that reticle in a 1-6 HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The only reason I do't own one or more SWFA 1-4 or 1-6 is the lack of capped turrets. Target turrets or dialing make no sense to me on a 1-4 or a 1-6 a
    You'll be happy to know that for the last couple/several years they've offered capped or even capped-only on their LPVOs. They call it their "Undercover" turret feature.
    this piqued my interest for sure.

I found the 1-x un-capped (only 14 oz! and $400!)
    https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-1-4x24-...pe-109309.html

and the 1-6 capped "undercover" (unfortunately more than twice the price and over 1.5x the weight)
    https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-hd-1-6x...iflescope.html

but I don't see a 1-4 capped?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    this piqued my interest for sure.

I found the 1-x un-capped (only 14 oz! and $400!)
    https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-1-4x24-...pe-109309.html

and the 1-6 capped "undercover" (unfortunately more than twice the price and over 1.5x the weight)
    https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-hd-1-6x...iflescope.html

but I don't see a 1-4 capped?
    Looks like they pared SS 1-4s down to just that one non-HD option. 1-4 HD was available capped/uncapped starting 2011.
    I guess used is the only option, they run about $600 on the usual places.

Looks like they pared SS 1-4s down to just that one non-HD option. 1-4 HD was available capped/uncapped starting 2011.
    I guess used is the only option, they run about $600 on the usual places.
    I even see where they announced them, but the links are now ded
    https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ailable.67168/

Quote Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
    I have been running the Meopta Optika6 1-6x24 for 9 months now and I am impressed. Mine sits on one of my favorite AR's that my son now thinks is his! A true 1X makes both eyes open shots a breeze. Even with a 24mm Obj. this optic is bright and makes getting on target easy. I opted for the SFP option thinking that FFP would tax my old eyes just a little too much. Check out Google for help finding this scope, they are out there. For the price, I think you will be very happy.

Very nice! That's encouraging. What reticle did you get? I can't find very many good pictures of the KDOT reticle on this scope so I can't tell how easy it will be to pick up. How is the illumination in daylight? I also got the 1-6 SFP, KDOT reticle.

Would also be curious about how you think it compares to other comparable offers e.g. the Viper PST 1-6 or Steiner 1-4, etc, if you have experience with competitors.

Mine arrives on Sunday, and the upper described in the OP gets in the day after. Planning to zero it at the range Tues AM. Looking forward to it!!
    Last edited by Nephrology; 05-29-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Optika6 1-6x24 K-Dot RD

This is the reticle I have on my Meopta Optika6. Easy to use and dial in with Strelok Pro

"Beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
    This is the reticle I have on my Meopta Optika6. Easy to use and dial in with Strelok Pro

What is this reticle listed as in Strelok? I'm finding KDOT and KDOT 2 but not this one (RD Kdot i think?)

User Tag List