Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight LPVOs?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I guess I gotta opt for the poors hipster move. There was a time in my life when I'd happily drop $2k on a scope, but after years of doing that I'd rather have the $2k bandsaw
    If I had a spot for a 2k bandsaw I'd agree with you haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Speaking of which, after doing some reading on the Meopta, I feel like I may have found my scope...
    Paging @JodyH

A thoughtful friend told me he is considering an Eotech and 3X magnifier in lieu of a LPV.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Speaking of which, after doing some reading on the Meopta, I feel like I may have found my scope...
    I can’t speak to the 1-6, but I’ve been completely happy with my Meopta ZD 1-4. I like the 1x and 4x view, the brightness of the reticle is great, the battery life has been good, and has given me no trouble bouncing into 3-Gun barrels for the better part of a decade. The only thing I dislike is that the reticle is almost nonexistent without power. I too heard about them from Jody.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A thoughtful friend told me he is considering an Eotech and 3X magnifier in lieu of a LPV.
    Curious to see where D4 goes with this setup
    https://www.facebook.com/30321077899...7363803623994/

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I can’t speak to the 1-6, but I’ve been completely happy with my Meopta ZD 1-4. I like the 1x and 4x view, the brightness of the reticle is great, the battery life has been good, and has given me no trouble bouncing into 3-Gun barrels for the better part of a decade. The only thing I dislike is that the reticle is almost nonexistent without power. I too heard about them from Jody.
    Well.... that's good to hear, because my TrumpBux finally came today. I took it as a sign from the Lord.

Grabbed an Optika6 1-6 SFP with the KDOT reticle from Eurooptic. Planning to use the ADM 30mm QD mount that the Vortex 1-4 is currently occupying. Will report back with my impression, looks like it should get here next week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Brownells carries most of their C1 line. Badger has a great LE/MIL discount too if you qualify and sign up for an account directly with them.
    Thanks for that.

I've been using Geissele and very happy, but the C1 line brings some interesting options and the height seems to be a good compromise.

-Rainman

Optika6

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I have been running the Meopta Optika6 1-6x24 for 9 months now and I am impressed. Mine sits on one of my favorite AR's that my son now thinks is his! A true 1X makes both eyes open shots a breeze. Even with a 24mm Obj. this optic is bright and makes getting on target easy. I opted for the SFP option thinking that FFP would tax my old eyes just a little too much. Check out Google for help finding this scope, they are out there. For the price, I think you will be very happy.

"Beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you are willing to look used IME the Bushnell tactical elite 1-6 is a sleeper the FFP is barely daylight bright but not Aimpoint bright like the Vortex. The FFP and SFP reticles are good BDC ‘s at 6x
    Tagging on the Bushnell recommmendation.

Bushnell 1-6.5 SMRS family is solid, there have been 3 generations to date IIRC: original SMRS, SMRS gen2 and now SMRS II.

The first gen FFP reticle wasnt very usable down low - too fine. Only the SFP made sense (BTR-2) and it was bangin. Glass was OK, resolution off center was poor. That said, I really liked the one I had in 3gun and could not beat it to death. 2nd gen glass improved a lot at some weight increase. 3rd gen SMRS II is GTG as well although Inmuch prefer the older BTR-2 style reticle for a close/intermediate 5.56 rifle.

SWFA SS HD are very reliable and I find the Donut of death great at close range. I don't think they have a 1-4 HD any more. The 1-6 HD is 14oz, but clunky rerticle.

The non-HD 1-4 is the best budget value ($400) out there IMO. I would love to see that reticle in a 1-6 HD.

Steiner P4Xi was on the heavy side, I like some thicker elements to a close range reticle though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    Tagging on the Bushnell recommmendation.

Bushnell 1-6.5 SMRS family is solid, there have been 3 generations to date IIRC: original SMRS, SMRS gen2 and now SMRS II.

The first gen FFP reticle wasnt very usable down low - too fine. Only the SFP made sense (BTR-2) and it was bangin. Glass was OK, resolution off center was poor. That said, I really liked the one I had in 3gun and could not beat it to death. 2nd gen glass improved a lot at some weight increase. 3rd gen SMRS II is GTG as well although Inmuch prefer the older BTR-2 style reticle for a close/intermediate 5.56 rifle.

SWFA SS HD are very reliable and I find the Donut of death great at close range. I don't think they have a 1-4 HD any more. The 1-6 HD is 14oz, but clunky rerticle.

The non-HD 1-4 is the best budget value ($400) out there IMO. I would love to see that reticle in a 1-6 HD.

Steiner P4Xi was on the heavy side, I like some thicker elements to a close range reticle though.
    The only reason I do't own one or more SWFA 1-4 or 1-6 is the lack of capped turrets. Target turrets or dialing make no sense to me on a 1-4 or a 1-6 a

User Tag List