Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight LPVOs?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Would the sclarworks mount be considered the lightest reliable mount?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    That’s my sense of things. I have Scalarworks mounts for MRO, Aimpoint Micro and RMR (Benelli M2). I plan on trying one for an LPVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Yes.
    Dang. Didn’t realize the price.
    https://scalarworks.com/shop/quick-d...ounts/leap-07/

So I’m going to go try and find a used Steiner for the mythical “$400 used all the time” price and then put it in a $400 mount? Ouch.

So what’s the next most reliable lightweight mount?

So I’m going to go try and find a used Steiner for the mythical “$400 used all the time” price and then put it in a $400 mount? Ouch.

I went with the vortex/seekins mount as I don’t need qd features, it’s 6.5oz, and it’s a lot cheaper but still solid. The nf unimount I believe is 5.5oz, it’s about 100 cheaper than the leap maybe more with sale prices.

Site Supporter
    I have multiple LVPOs in Aero Precision lightweight mounts with no issues.

No. Scalarworks would be the lightest out of the tool-less removal, but plenty of mounts are around the same weight or even lighter, such as the Badger C1, Nightforce A496, Aero Precision Ultralights, and some of the Geissele mounts (there are open source numbers from 5.1 oz to 7.2 oz, which I'm guessing is due to the differing length, height, and sizes of the different mounts). I'd hazard the Sig Alpha3 mounts are also in the ballpark, since it shares the same 7075 skeletonized structure as the Badger and Geissele mounts.

The Badger is probably the real hotness right now, assuming you don't need tool-less install/uninstall, given its modularity. I probably would have gone to those myself if they had existed when I was looking for mounts (currently using Spuhrs).

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    No. Scalarworks would be the lightest out of the tool-less removal, but plenty of mounts are around the same weight or even lighter, such as the Badger C1, Nightforce A496, Aero Precision Ultralights, and some of the Geissele mounts (there are open source numbers from 5.1 oz to 7.2 oz, which I'm guessing is due to the differing length, height, and sizes of the different mounts). I'd hazard the Sig Alpha3 mounts are also in the ballpark, since it shares the same 7075 skeletonized structure as the Badger and Geissele mounts.

The Badger is probably the real hotness right now, assuming you don't need tool-less install/uninstall, given its modularity. I probably would have gone to those myself if they had existed when I was looking for mounts (currently using Spuhrs).
    He did say lightest reliable mount. I would submit that the Geissele and Scalarworks are proven for serious use. They also maintain repeatability and centricity.

Get on Big Daddy Unlimited. Yeah it's $10 a month, and the prices are not black Friday good. But they're consistently solid and they're excellent with shipping. The mount normally is like $410, on BDU it's $306. That's where I got both the optic and the mount. Definitely worth the subscription fee IMO. But it's up to you.

I think I may have an aero in a box in the workshop, so that may be the most "reliable" at "free" may be more befitting the price of the Steiner

It's amazing to me how many options there are out there for this stuff these days. I recall having to use a GG&G estended top rail with scope rings attached to try and get an EER scope mounted back in the day before all this stuff.

Get on Big Daddy Unlimited. Yeah it's $10 a month, and the prices are not black Friday good. But they're consistently solid and they're excellent with shipping. The mount normally is like $410, on BDU it's $306. That's where I got both the optic and the mount. Definitely worth the subscription fee IMO. But it's up to you.
    Wow that's good.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

He did say lightest reliable mount. I would submit that the Geissele and Scalarworks are proven for serious use. They also maintain repeatability and centricity.
    Are you saying the Badger and Nightforce options are not reliable? Aero is a bit more dicey to declare fully duty-proof, but it seems durable enough for typical civilian use; plenty of posts out there asking about if they're too light for use, and very little by way of negative feedback on their durability.

User Tag List