Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight LPVOs?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Are you saying the Badger and Nightforce options are not reliable? Aero is a bit more dicey to declare fully duty-proof, but it seems durable enough for typical civilian use; plenty of posts out there asking about if they're too light for use, and very little by way of negative feedback on their durability.
    No. What I am saying is the Geissele and Scalarworks mounts have been tested. Both in the military, LE and civilian sectors. SOCOM runs the Geissele and there's a bunch of high speed dudes running the Scalarworks also.

I was honestly nervous about the Scalarworks LPVO mount, but I've come around to it. That is not saying your two favorites are bad. I'm saying those two are tested by standards and people I trust, have proven track records, and as far as the Geissele is fielded. The Geissele also maintains centricity which is very important. The LEAP seems to also adhere to that standard.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    No. What I am saying is the Geissele and Scalarworks mounts have been tested. Both in the military, LE and civilian sectors. SOCOM runs the Geissele and there's a bunch of high speed dudes running the Scalarworks also.

I was honestly nervous about the Scalarworks LPVO mount, but I've come around to it. That is not saying your two favorites are bad. I'm saying those two are tested by standards and people I trust, have proven track records, and as far as the Geissele is fielded. The Geissele also maintains centricity which is very important. The LEAP seems to also adhere to that standard.
    I mean, Badger has long been around for a long time making rings and mounts, and their new C1 unimounts are also in use with SOCOM and coolguys; same thing with the Nightforce, hence my confusion as to why you would consider them less vetted than Geissele, much less Scalarworks. Scalarworks makes great stuff, but Badger and Nightforce mounts are very much known quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I mean, Badger has long been around for a long time making rings and mounts, and their new C1 unimounts are also in use with SOCOM and coolguys; same thing with the Nightforce, hence my confusion as to why you would consider them less vetted than Geissele, much less Scalarworks. Scalarworks makes great stuff, but Badger and Nightforce mounts are very much known quantities.
    I've seen badger ordinance rings on deployment, but I haven't seen their mounts in the field. I've only been around SEALS, Force Recon, and 2 MEU's. I'm not saying they're not. I'm just saying I haven't seen them.

Nightforce makes good stuff, but I also haven't seen them in use.

Again, I'm not taking shots. I'm also not saying they're bad, I just don't have any experience with them and the ones I have experience with I like/don't see a reason to swap out.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Hmmm this has me reconsidering the Steiner. Wish I could compare it with the Trijicon side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Hmmm this has me reconsidering the Steiner. Wish I could compare it with the Trijicon side by side.
    Honestly right now the Steiner P4Xi and the Trijicon accupower 1-4 are the kings of the 1-4 bracket as of today. I haven't seen the Credo 1-4 yet. But I've heard nothing but praise of the Credo line from those who have ordered/run them.

I'm going to give the Credo 1-6 a shot since it's FFP and not MK6 money.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Honestly right now the Steiner P4Xi and the Trijicon accupower 1-4 are the kings of the 1-4 bracket as of today. I haven't seen the Credo 1-4 yet. But I've heard nothing but praise of the Credo line from those who have ordered/run them.

I'm going to give the Credo 1-6 a shot since it's FFP and not MK6 money.
    I was just looking at the Credos. The 1-6 is only 3oz more than the 1-4 so it is also quite interesting to me as well. I'd probably get an SFP with the broken circle reticle. Hmmm....

If they are truly daylight bright it sounds like they might beat out the P4Xi and accupower in 1-4.

Edit: these two have my attention. I'm seeing different weights on different websites - hard to tell how much of a savings you get with the 1-4. Looks like about 3 oz.

https://www.primaryarms.com/trijicon...23-matte-black

https://www.primaryarms.com/trijicon...circle-reticle

What's the deal with the HX line? I can't tell how this model varies from the 1-6 listed previously.

https://www.natchezss.com/trijicon-c...adjusters.html
    Last edited by Nephrology; 05-26-2020 at 07:14 PM.

HX appears to be “hunting”. Reticle are different, for one thing.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/pr...x24-riflescope
    MRAD and BDC, red or green

https://www.trijicon.com/products/pr...ing-riflescope
    MOA and Duplex, red or green

What are the reports on the Credo 1-4? A lightweight 1-4 checks a lot of boxes for me on an AR.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What are the reports on the Credo 1-4? A lightweight 1-4 checks a lot of boxes for me on an AR.
    At least on paper the 1-6 SFP is only $100 and ~2-3oz more than the 1-6. I wonder if eyebox, etc is any different.

So far at least from my googling it seems like early adopters are a bit unimpressed and dont feel like its a big step up from the Accupower. I think that was on Brian Enos but for some reason having ahard time finding the link.

Also sort of curious about the Sig Tango6T line. I generally abhor anything/everything SIG, but it sounds like their Tango6T line is made by LOW and may have better illumination than trijicon options.

User Tag List