Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lightweight LPVOs?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A thoughtful friend told me he is considering an Eotech and 3X magnifier in lieu of a LPV.
    This is where I'm headed. I just put EXPS3-0 on two rifles. The magnifier adds some capability, that the scope doesn't have, like the ability to use the mag as a standalone monocular. It doesn't add weight when you don't have it attached, and still retains red dot speed and durability. It's not 6x or 10x, but that's not my need either

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    This is where I'm headed. I just put EXPS3-0 on two rifles. The magnifier adds some capability, that the scope doesn't have, like the ability to use the mag as a standalone monocular. It doesn't add weight when you don't have it attached, and still retains red dot speed and durability. It's not 6x or 10x, but that's not my need either
    A few days ago, I bought the Eotech Opmod bundle from Optics Planet.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A few days ago, I bought the Eotech Opmod bundle from Optics Planet.
    Well, at least the pandemic should be over by the time you get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    On the mounts, the Badger C1s are slightly lighter than the G mounts of the same height. They have the obvious modularity that is rad, and the 1.7 mount is pretty much the best thing ever unless you’re in a niche a category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have one of the Badger Ordinance mounts. It is solid, albeit not cheap though. The 1.7 seems to be just the right height. I mounted a NightForce 1-4 NXS to my AR carbine. After couple thousand rounds no issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    I have one of the Badger Ordinance mounts. It is solid, albeit not cheap though. The 1.7 seems to be just the right height. I mounted a NightForce 1-4 NXS to my AR carbine. After couple thousand rounds no issues.
    So how does one get a membership the indoors range at the Fortress of Solitude?

Got the Optika6 1-6 in today!

Some quick and dirty initial impressions:

1. Heavier than the Vortex 1-4 it replaced but definitely lighter than the PST 1-6 on my other gun

2. Glass quality seems very comparable to the PST 1-6. If I had to say which was better, I'd give a very slight edge to the Meopta

3. Illumination is the biggest disappointment. In the bright Colorado sunlight, I would not quite say it is daylight bright. I dont have a lot of points of comparison, but while definitely brighter than the PST 1-4, it is not nearly as bright as the PST 1-6. That said, given that it requires a lot of light to wash out, I don't think this is a huge deal.

4. FOV feels ever so slightly smaller on the Optika6 than the PST 1-6, even though both have eyepieces of effetively identical diameter

5. The eyebox seems a little tighter than the PST 1-6, but I am also still playing around with where to position it on my gun so far.

6. Reticle isn't exactly hard to hard to pick up but less obvious than the broken circle TMCQ reticle from the 1-4. We'll see how I like it at the range.

Gonna dick around with it a bit this afternoon vs the PST 1-6 and see how I feel. Overall satisfied given that my ultimate objective was a lighter scope with better glass. New scope day!

Took the Meopta out to the range. This is a really nice piece of glass for the money. The difference in weight vs the PST was noticeable, and after actually getting it to the range, it's clear that the Meopta's glass outperforms the PST at distance. The only minor complaint would be that the 3MOA dot in the center of the reticle is a kind of coarse sight picture if you are looking for precision, but it more than meets my needs. Really like the simple, uncluttered design. Illumination actually enough to get me on paper at 100yd despite the bright morning sun, so that was a pleasant surprise.

If anyone's in the market for an LPVO, this is a very strong competitor vs. the Viper PST 1-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Are you saying the Badger and Nightforce options are not reliable? Aero is a bit more dicey to declare fully duty-proof, but it seems durable enough for typical civilian use; plenty of posts out there asking about if they're too light for use, and very little by way of negative feedback on their durability.
    Well, believe it or not, our conversation back and forth pushed me to try one out on my URGI. Strangely Garand Thumb did a vid on it as well. So we'll see if it gets my stamp of approval. I'm also finding Absolute mounts and 1.93's don't fit my build. Lower 1/3 is love for me.

But I will say, I really like the construction, little things and the attention to detail.

Name:  Badger 34mm 1.70 1.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  34.7 KB
    Name:  Badger 34mm 1.70 2.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  24.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Well, believe it or not, our conversation back and forth pushed me to try one out on my URGI. Strangely Garand Thumb did a vid on it as well. So we'll see if it gets my stamp of approval. I'm also finding Absolute mounts and 1.93's don't fit my build. Lower 1/3 is love for me.

But I will say, I really like the construction, little things and the attention to detail.

Name:  Badger 34mm 1.70 1.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  34.7 KB
    Name:  Badger 34mm 1.70 2.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  24.3 KB
    Tagged for your thoughts NMan as I've had mine for a few weeks on a game gun w/ a Razor IIE & a spare AP T1, it works for me.

User Tag List