Thread: Galco Underwraps 2.0 Belly Band

Site Supporter

Galco Underwraps 2.0 Belly Band

Anyone using the Galco Underwraps 2.0 belly band? I'd like something other than a bag for working out. My first thought was the Unity Tactical Clutch belt, but I wonder if the simpler (and less expensive) Galco product might work. Thanks and be safe.

Over the years, I've used a bunch of belly bands for concealment under a tucked in shirt in a work NPE and the leather pockets on the Galco are a nice touch. Retention is nonexistent, have to factor that in. When I used a band with a Glock, I would sew in one of the trigger guard 'holsters' like Dale Fricke's Zack and presto: great retention and a protected trigger.

Used them for years, not sure what improvements they made with the 2.0 version because it looks the same. Works well for deep concealment in NPE for me. I put revolvers in their built in leather pockets but for any autos I have sewn a Kydex shell into the pocket. I have tried a large variety of bellybands and the Galco worked best for me, just in terms of stability and durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Over the years, I've used a bunch of belly bands for concealment under a tucked in shirt in a work NPE and the leather pockets on the Galco are a nice touch. Retention is nonexistent, have to factor that in. When I used a band with a Glock, I would sew in one of the trigger guard 'holsters' like Dale Fricke's Zack and presto: great retention and a protected trigger.
    I've tried a bunch as well, and always come back to the Galco. It's the best I've found. I solve the retention issue (or lack thereof) with "The Flex" from Keepers Concealment: http://keepersconcealment.com/produc...-7866a5ff-1979. I've been using that combo for years to carry anywhere I need to have a tucked shirt. Works great.

The retention of the band is fine as long as you're not too active. It is decently secure if you're just walking around. I figure it's more likely that I'll end up hands-on or needing to be physically active for some other reason than having to draw, so solving the retention issue is important.

I'm not sure how well the Velcro and leather will hold up to sweat if you're planning to use it for workouts. I have to replace the bands every 2-3 years with almost daily use without working out in them. It may be fine to work out with, I haven't tried it. For working out, I'm still using the original PT-ONE holster: https://www.pistolwear.com/pt-one-concealment-holster/. It has held up to years of near daily abuse.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Used them for years, not sure what improvements they made with the 2.0 version because it looks the same. Works well for deep concealment in NPE for me. I put revolvers in their built in leather pockets but for any autos I have sewn a Kydex shell into the pocket. I have tried a large variety of bellybands and the Galco worked best for me, just in terms of stability and durability.
    It looks like they changed the rake on one of the leather pockets. Are you seeing the same thing @fatdog? If so I need to try one again. I couldn’t get the original model to work for me with appendix carry. I think the 2.0 will work.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/unde..._393_1518.html
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

The original version only had pockets at an FBI cant and a cross draw reverse cant, and would probably not work for most who are trying AIWB and need something more vertical. I cannot see a difference in the pictures of the 2.0

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Finally deciding to buy-once/cry-once, I dropped the hammer on a Unity Tactical Clutch. Thanks again.

User Tag List