Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Storm Doors

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post

I've looked at Larson's line of Security Storm doors and they seem nice and well made to my untrained eye.
    One of our neighbors has this one in black on a gray house, looks good: https://www.larsondoors.com/storm-do...-details?CG=69

She likes to leave the door open so she likes the style. It is beefy, no casual guy is going to get through - she has a double key dead bolt.

That is the problem that I have - the weak point of any door is the glass, don't care what lock you have on it - except a double key dead bolt - someone can break the glass and get in. While the double key dead bolt is not necessarily a bad idea, your door have concerns with emergency evacuation. In her case she locks the knob, and closes her pretty hevy front door at night, so she's comfy with the dead bolt during the day.

This one looks good to me - for our house: https://www.larsondoors.com/storm-do...-details?CG=58 - it has a stainless steel screen, not sure how durable that is, but it doesn't matter because my wife doesn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I dont think thats how people break into houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Im sure there are outliers. But for the most part Id believe they are breaking the frame at the lock with something like a pry bar. I doubt they would want the attention of breaking glass there are plenty of LEOS on here who should know.
    Maybe the keeper of statistics @BehindBlueI’s has some numbers.
    Last edited by UNK; 05-25-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Im sure there are outliers. But for the most part Id believe they are breaking the frame at the lock with something like a pry bar. I doubt they would want the attention of breaking glass there are plenty of LEOS on here who should know.
    Maybe the keeper of statistics @BehindBlueI’s has some numbers.
    I have no idea why the notification to BBI didnt work 🙄
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List