Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member From New York

Welcome!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Love Shotguns, Rifles and Pistols. For those also in New York you will know what I mean when I say that my Pistol Permit is about to go from three pages to the start of page four.
    That's quite a collection. I know one guy that's into three or maybe four, but his collection is just not that interesting. Lots of lukewarm shit--old beat-up Colt small-frame revolvers, a couple Smith Js, multiple copies of Glock 9's and .45s in carry to service size. And some awful "SAFE Act Compliant" AR pistol that costs as much as a really good piston gun.

He also insists my chassis'd-up bolt guns are assault weapons, and that a threaded barrel on a Rem 700 is a no-go.

Side note: if some jackass that doesn't like you, that you also don't like, can rattle off your gun collection and home address from memory, you are doing it fucking wrong.

Welcome. Enjoy my whine.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Welcome, from a former resident of Putnam County.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Welcome.

I grew up in Otsego county, and escaped in 2015.

-Cory

Welcome! … Born Brooklyn New York..> Queens New York > Connecticut.
    Now a red neck from Tennessee

I love Manhattan. I live on a tree lined street in the West Village in a Church built in 1839. They will spread my ashes down one of the storm sewers when I pass. Things will open again. There are 6 restaurants on my block and a hundred in a 5 block radius. As soon as they are back open, I can crawl home from many of them (and have).

There are more gun owners in Manhattan than many realize. Yes lots of paperwork, but I live9 blocks from an indoor range I belong to.

I spend half my time in Manhattan and half on the water in Sag Harbor on the East End of Long Island, where I belong to a number of shooting clubs.

Bob

During my airline days I held a lot of domiciles. Spend a number of years in Chicago, but also in Louisiana and Tennessee. Franklin was one of my favorite places to live.

Bob

Welcome!

I am a former New Yorker who moved out of there decades ago. I had the NYC Target and Premise permits for my handguns--I owned 4 at the time. Handgun permits are a pain in the ass to get. I will spare everyone the details.

I also had the longarm permit which people in NYC are required to have, though you don't need a longarm permit in NY State.. I moved out of there before it got really restrictive with longarms. Now the City prohibits any longarm with a magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds. The way the ordnance was worded it applied to detachable longarm mags. But the licensing bureau applied it to all magazines to the point where people who had Winchester 94s were getting letters that since the magazines held 6 rounds. the owners would have to either have them modded to only hold 5 rounds or remove them from NY City.

Even though I moved away a long time ago, I still keep abreast of the laws there. From what I am reading, it seems like the West Side Pistol club is in danger of closing and has a go-fund-me page to stay open. I am wondering if there will be any gun stores left in Manhattan. Also, it seems that during the Covid-19 crisis the pistol license bureau has shot down--which means no one can get a new license or buy any new guns. I can see them using it as an excuse to shut it down indefinitely.

I would be interested in hearing about what is going on firearms.

Glad to have another NY'er on the forum. There are a bunch of us.

Welcome aboard!
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Thank you for the welcomes. I am looking forward to being a part of this group.

There was a lot of confusion initially regarding both the NYC firearms laws and the New York State Safe Act. Tubular magazines are exempt from the round count restriction. A M1 Garand without a bayonet lug (Mine is a Camp Perry National Match and never had one) is OK with the 8 round magazines. I got my concealed carry permit in Manhattan in 1971. Was not even living in Manhattan then. Was originally Good Until Revoked, but that was before the Safe Act. Now I do have to go through the hassle or renewal.

Bob

User Tag List