Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFI: his n her’s ruck pack/plate combo

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Look into the Hellcat mod for the ALICE. I'll see if I can dig out a link. I have a couple of GoRuck packs and while they're well-built I take the Hellcat ALICE over them every time.
    Here's the gist/synopsis: https://libertytreeblogs.blogspot.co...k-from-us.html

And a video (about 20 minutes) with a pretty good how-to of actually attaching components if you choose to jump in with both feet:

FWIW I use the "taped bricks" method Joe S described (that used to be the standard for GoRuck events). Just from my own experience a couple layers of duct tape has been sufficient to prevent significant wear to the GR1 and ALICE interiors. It also has the advantage (I think has been mentioned) that if a minor injury forces me to ditch weight to limp back, it's easy to replace.

Site Supporter
    I have used ALICEs and 2L bottles full of water in the past, the nice thing about the bottles is that you can instantly ditch weight if you need to, anywhere, without littering and you can replace it for free. I used the same bottles for 2 summers, without them failing.

My current setup is a cheap LAPG internal frame pack, with plates and dumbbells from the thrift store. I have about $10 invested in approximately 50 lbs of random small weights.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I have used ALICEs and 2L bottles full of water in the past, the nice thing about the bottles is that you can instantly ditch weight if you need to, anywhere, without littering and you can replace it for free. I used the same bottles for 2 summers, without them failing.

My current setup is a cheap LAPG internal frame pack, with plates and dumbbells from the thrift store. I have about $10 invested in approximately 50 lbs of random small weights.
    I’ve also done that. It’s almost never bad to have extra water when hiking/rucking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List