Thread: Beretta 92F....search ended today

Beretta 92F....search ended today

At Cabelas again, of all places.

Name:  1F12AE54-F845-41F1-B26D-D2B2901F492C.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  82.5 KB

I had one just like it in the late 1980s. Traded it in on a 92FS and always missed the 92F. Just liked it better.

Name:  8F79754E-2518-495D-B2E9-7DBA8685EE86.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  48.6 KB

Excellent condition and has an Italian “AP” proof mark so I think it’s 1986 manufacture. The action is excellent. DA trigger is beautiful... the best 92 I’ve owned. Including duty pistols this is my tenth 92/96 model.

Missing the papers and cleaning rod(s) but I’m pretty happy to have found it. Bringing back a ton of memories as one just like it was my first real carry pistol when I got my first permit in 1988.

Got the lady down to 450.15 out the door.

Regards.

Very nice find. I still have my first Italian 92FS that Is just about 3 years younger than yours. Mine’s got a little more visible wear, but not a lot. Sweet shooting pistol right out of the box.

Congrats! And enjoy.

Site Supporter
    Not a bad price at all on a really clean old Beretta.

Very nice. Can you elaborate on why you prefer the F to the FS? Not sure I’d be able to tell the difference on first glance, unless looking at the hammer pin head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Very nice. Can you elaborate on why you prefer the F to the FS? Not sure I’d be able to tell the difference on first glance, unless looking at the hammer pin head.
    Eh...probably had more to do that the 92F was the first pistol I carried......actually carried pretty much all the time. I did seem to shoot it better but truthfully, I didn't have timers, B8 targets, etc back then. I was lucky to buy ammunition on my college boy salary.

The one I traded it in on was a 92FS with the walnut grips. I worked as an armed guard at a fiberglass manufacturing site third shift and that was my carry pistol for that job in addition to my CCW. The grips, IIRC, were a bit thicker than the plastic stocks and that may have contributed my preference as well since the 92F fit me better.

So to answer your question....feelings. Nothing solid to point to. I was young then, without the internet to help guide me, and was figuring things out on my own.

Regards.

My first 92F had wood grips on it, and they are thick. I still have the pistol and the grips, but the grips are in my parts bin. They definitely change the feel of the pistol.

I'm glad I never parted with mine, and glad you found one.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Eh...probably had more to do that the 92F was the first pistol I carried......actually carried pretty much all the time. I did seem to shoot it better but truthfully, I didn't have timers, B8 targets, etc back then. I was lucky to buy ammunition on my college boy salary.

The one I traded it in on was a 92FS with the walnut grips. I worked as an armed guard at a fiberglass manufacturing site third shift and that was my carry pistol for that job in addition to my CCW. The grips, IIRC, were a bit thicker than the plastic stocks and that may have contributed my preference as well since the 92F fit me better.

So to answer your question....feelings. Nothing solid to point to. I was young then, without the internet to help guide me, and was figuring things out on my own.

Regards.
    Thanks for the elaboration, and for what it’s worth, I do get it.

I got a nice 92F a while back for a good price. It looked like it had barely been fired and it had the original box an manual. I was almost hesitant to shoot it at first since it had survived so long and barely been used. Then I remembered that I got a good deal on it and that it wasn't collectible or anything so it's been my training gun ever since. It hasn't gotten beat up yet but I've probably put more rounds through it than it's had up until I got it.

I get nostalgia and feels and sentimentality so rock on.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Name:  AC9AAD51-2577-4D39-8EF8-402A8A9AA801.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  26.7 KB

Good shooting pistol. Real pleased.

Name:  20FFB9B6-D2C1-498C-B913-3CC622D6FE08.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  34.9 KB

Shot around 100 rounds today from 25 yards. Forgot how much I enjoyed running a 92F.

User Tag List