Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .300 "Blastout?"

How about a 12" barrel with a KVP XL Linear Comp pinned and welded: https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/K...l-comp-blk.htm

Recoil would be reduced and what sound is there would be thrown forward, probably getting close to the 155 threshold, if not maybe a bit below it. The Linear Comp is a compensator, not a flash hider.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    ...My desire to avoid an adjustable on this build is partly for reliability; I'd rather not use it even if it could work.
    I was looking at adjustability for super/sub, suppressed/unsuppressed, forgetting you want something for a jurisdiction where suppressors are illegal.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Did some googling on what is a flash hider and what is not in Utopia. The people on "Utoguns.com" basically focus on the language in the advertising versus the language in the law of what is prohibited, as the law provides no metrics for determining what is or is not. The principle seems to be that if the mfr. says it does any of the prohibited functions to any extent, then it is a no-go. So I also have a project to go dig up the actual code and itemize the language of each muzzle device's manufacturer against the language in the law, to figure out exactly what's likely to be GTG. Of course, the safest is a thread protector.

The BRT Covert comp web site page states, "It provides low light performance nearly as good as the common A2 style muzzle device." Which people on Utoguns.com mostly agree is the manufacturer stating that it functions as a flash suppressor.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I was looking at adjustability for super/sub, suppressed/unsuppressed, forgetting you want something for a jurisdiction where suppressors are illegal.
    That's what the pistol upper (an AW in Utopia) and single shot (cheap, handy length, takes down into three pieces that will fit in a backpack in seconds, nice trigger, accurate, 16.5-in barrel threaded from the mfr. and no action noise) are for.

Scout .300 AAC Blackout Stainless Steel with Black Stocks

Also available in .350 Legend, apparently.

Name:  CR4817S-350-Legend.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  12.2 KB
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 05-25-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    Not another dime.

My 300BO plunge also includes this:
    Name:  RugerAmericanRanch.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  38.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    My 300BO plunge also includes this:
    Name:  RugerAmericanRanch.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  38.4 KB
    That would be a super cheap way to get into 300 BLK. I'm not sure what purpose it would have for me because I have several .223 rifles. I seriously considered the Ruger American Ranch when I was exploring 300 BLK. Still interested but not a huge fan of Ruger bolt rifles, my only hangup. What MOA could one expect from a rifle set up like that?
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-25-2020 at 11:55 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    What MOA could one expect from a rifle set up like that?
    Dunno yet, I have had it for a while but not shot it much. Had a Sig Romeo5 on it, just mounted the 2.5x Tasco this morning. Also added the flash hider, I have no can and couldn't stand having threads with nothing, so I stuck a $10 flash hider on it.

One thing about the Rugers, they have three lug bolts, so they are good for a DBM.

I do like the AR mags on the RARR. Just to note, the earlier RARRs that used Ruger's rotary mag cannot be converted just by changing bottom metal. There are apparently some machining differences (feed ramps would be obvious) between old and new.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List