Thread: Review: Green Ops Private Lessons

Review: Green Ops Private Lessons

I recently decided to seek some familiarization training for my wife on both pistol and carbine. I’m a big believer in the value of spending time with an expert and my family and I take lessons in all sorts of subjects whenever possible. I also understand that my wife learns better from someone who isn’t me. 😉

Based on things I’ve read on PF, I reached out to the folks at Green Ops to inquire about a private lesson. Green Ops teaches nationwide but they are headquartered in VA. Communication from Green Ops was excellent. They were very responsive to my questions and eventually put me in contact with their training director Chris. I told Chris that I was looking for pistol/carbine training focused on my wife, a beginner, and that I would like to participate. I could always use a tune up on the fundamentals since I haven’t been shooting much lately. So we agreed to meet at a private range for half day rifle/half day pistol format. So far, we have done 2 days.

(Just as a point of reference for my review, I have an extensive background in combat skills training curriculum development and instructor evaluation as a contractor for the military. I have taken many open enrollment courses on my own dime as well)

The Green Ops instructors were extremely professional. Chris and his AI were well versed and technical in the subject mater but casual enough to create a comfortable environment for my wife. They did a great job adapting their curriculum to the student. Speeding up, slowing down, or moving past subjects on the fly based on how my wife was receiving the information and turning it into hits. It’s a sign of a good instructor that Chris was able to work both of us smoothly through drill standards while dealing with a very new shooter yet providing both of us with clear and concise feedback.

She has made a lot of progress and, just as important, had fun doing it.

Here is my wife on the gong at 200y with the carbine

On the barricade at 60y

And learning to hit the gas up close.

I highly recommend Green Ops to anyone looking for solid and professional instruction. I will be jumping in to their regular classes a few times a year from now on. I also highly recommend private training as a great way to accelerate your learning. It can seem expensive up front but with the amount of money so many people spend on hardware, private instruction is at least as valuable of a software investment.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for choosing to train with Green-Ops! We look forward to seeing you guys in future classes! Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I recently decided to seek some familiarization training for my wife on both pistol and carbine. I’m a big believer in the value of spending time with an expert and my family and I take lessons in all sorts of subjects whenever possible. I also understand that my wife learns better from someone who isn’t me. 😉

Based on things I’ve read on PF, I reached out to the folks at Green Ops to inquire about a private lesson. Green Ops teaches nationwide but they are headquartered in VA. Communication from Green Ops was excellent. They were very responsive to my questions and eventually put me in contact with their training director Chris. I told Chris that I was looking for pistol/carbine training focused on my wife, a beginner, and that I would like to participate. I could always use a tune up on the fundamentals since I haven’t been shooting much lately. So we agreed to meet at a private range for half day rifle/half day pistol format. So far, we have done 2 days.

(Just as a point of reference for my review, I have an extensive background in combat skills training curriculum development and instructor evaluation as a contractor for the military. I have taken many open enrollment courses on my own dime as well)

The Green Ops instructors were extremely professional. Chris and his AI were well versed and technical in the subject mater but casual enough to create a comfortable environment for my wife. They did a great job adapting their curriculum to the student. Speeding up, slowing down, or moving past subjects on the fly based on how my wife was receiving the information and turning it into hits. It’s a sign of a good instructor that Chris was able to work both of us smoothly through drill standards while dealing with a very new shooter yet providing both of us with clear and concise feedback.

She has made a lot of progress and, just as important, had fun doing it.

Here is my wife on the gong at 200y with the carbine

On the barricade at 60y

And learning to hit the gas up close.

I highly recommend Green Ops to anyone looking for solid and professional instruction. I will be jumping in to their regular classes a few times a year from now on. I also highly recommend private training as a great way to accelerate your learning. It can seem expensive up front but with the amount of money so many people spend on hardware, private instruction is at least as valuable of a software investment.
    Can't think of a better compliment to any instructor than trusting them to train your family.

Awesome AAR, appreciate the review. Chris is an excellent instructor and always pushes us to be better.

Site Supporter
    Excellent review and thanks for posting. The videos were especially nice and added value to your review. Thank you!

User Tag List