Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RFI: solar generators

The new BLUETTI EB3A is selling at Amazon for the same price as the discount from BLUETTI's site. Looks like a nice little solgen.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The new BLUETTI EB3A is selling at Amazon for the same price as the discount from BLUETTI's site. Looks like a nice little solgen.
    I think you just cost me some $$. Again.
    Wife has been wanting power run to the back deck. This is way cheaper.
    Been talking up something portable/rechargeable, just for powering phones/tablets/speakers instead of running a new line form the house.
    Purchase pending final approval from SWMBO.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

any sense of what we can run off one of those and for how long?

this tech is getting hard to keep track of!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I think you just cost me some $$. Again.
    Wife has been wanting power run to the back deck. This is way cheaper.
    Been talking up something portable/rechargeable, just for powering phones/tablets/speakers instead of running a new line form the house.
    Purchase pending final approval from SWMBO.
    Wife: Do we really need to spend that much?
    Me: Way cheaper than running a line out there.
    Wife: But it's really not that urgent.
    Me (carefully): Whenever we're out there you talk about wanting power, this will do the job for a fraction of the cost to run a line.
    Wife: Ok... I'll stop talking about it.
    Me (inner voice):

Money Saved!

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

There's a rough chart in the listing....

Name:  Blue.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  95.6 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    There's a rough chart in the listing....

Name:  Blue.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  95.6 KB
    that's weird. the listing is for an EB3A, but they didn't include that one in the chart?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I can’t answer that. You need to know how much your stuff draws and how long you’d be using it. It’s all about the math.

For those that PM’d me, this is both cheaper than the comparable Jackery and has vastly better batteries (LifePo4 vs LiIons). The battery difference alone is well worth it.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    that's weird. the listing is for an EB3A, but they didn't include that one in the chart?
    Hmmmmm....... Indeed. And that chart is not on their website, that I can find.

https://www.bluettipower.com/pages/b...view=eb3a-spec

Email :service@bluettipower.com
    Customer Service: +1 702-463-4792
    Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm(PST)
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 06-16-2022 at 04:02 PM.

I've been looking into these a lot the last couple days, mostly the Bluetti and EcoFlow brands. I'm trying to decide what is best for my needs. Lots of pros and cons to them leaving me unsure to go this route or generic gas generator. I'm in north Texas and with power grid issues already here due to new construction and regular outtages BEFORE all this talk of rolling blackouts and such. Being in North TX we have more higher temp days than lower temp like I was used to in the midwest but it seems regular bad freezes and loss of power are becoming more frequent here too. I have zero NG lines to the house meaning I am all electric. My biggest concerns being fridge and loss of food year round and then needing heat (running a full heat exchange unit) during winter to prevent water line freezes (open to other solutions there too), and needing simple fans during the worst of summer at worst. So far I've come up with this:

Pros:
    - can be run inside without issue
    - quiet
    - portable
    - Doesn't need gasoline or propane
    - easier to scale up to max load if I needed small usage compared to running a generator
    - generally way more outlets than gas generator
    - No real maintenance
    - Much easier for my other half to just be able to plug stuff into if I wasn't home

Cons:
    - much steeper cost compared to gas generators of similar power
    - Purchase of either solar panels or running charging off of another generator or vehicle if power isn't back on
    - Solar panels are super not cheap
    - Can't just throw an extra 5 gallons of gas into it and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    I've been looking into these a lot the last couple days, mostly the Bluetti and EcoFlow brands. I'm trying to decide what is best for my needs. Lots of pros and cons to them leaving me unsure to go this route or generic gas generator. I'm in north Texas and with power grid issues already here due to new construction and regular outtages BEFORE all this talk of rolling blackouts and such. Being in North TX we have more higher temp days than lower temp like I was used to in the midwest but it seems regular bad freezes and loss of power are becoming more frequent here too. I have zero NG lines to the house meaning I am all electric. My biggest concerns being fridge and loss of food year round and then needing heat (running a full heat exchange unit) during winter to prevent water line freezes (open to other solutions there too), and needing simple fans during the worst of summer at worst. So far I've come up with this:

Pros:
    - can be run inside without issue
    - quiet
    - portable
    - Doesn't need gasoline or propane
    - easier to scale up to max load if I needed small usage compared to running a generator
    - generally way more outlets than gas generator
    - No real maintenance
    - Much easier for my other half to just be able to plug stuff into if I wasn't home

Cons:
    - much steeper cost compared to gas generators of similar power
    - Purchase of either solar panels or running charging off of another generator or vehicle if power isn't back on
    - Solar panels are super not cheap
    - Can't just throw an extra 5 gallons of gas into it and call it good.
    Figure out your needs and do an energy audit for said needs. We will go from there.
    #RESIST

Anyone remember what the sale price was? Looks like current price is $300 and 3camels doesn’t seem to have a good history

User Tag List