Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RFI: solar generators

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This is pretty interesting. IDK if I’d even bother with the solar part, and just use it as a portable emergency backup. Maybe get some panels for “emergency” use that could get deployed if needed.

Strong contender also for installation at MIL’s house for powering her oxygen machine.
    There’s no other all in one solgen that’s comparable right now. I’d still slap some panels up, it’s literally free energy. Take a look at how cheap the used ones are here and remember, solar panels last a long time (20 years is a normal life expectancy) and SanTanSolar will warranty used stuff.
    #RESIST

This thing is pretty insane.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Not quite sure which thread to put this one in…

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Because I can't help myself...

....my fiddle-fucking "solar generator" project;

A solar panel charges a 26 amp-hour 12V gel battery. When needed, this is used to charge hand held devices, Li-ion batteries and power some table lamps I converted to 12V. I leave the collector in an unused bedroom window so the battery is on daily trickle charge.

Some day I'd like to build a bigger one.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

It will only get worse.

Name:  82639175-EBDD-4945-AB83-E398EE151845.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  9C080308-B741-4D6B-A281-45206814FD19.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  14.9 KB
    #RESIST

My Bluetti EB3A stopped charging after two months.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    My Bluetti EB3A stopped charging after two months.
    And? What did their customer service say?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    And? What did their customer service say?
    Well… I called. Bluetti didn’t answer the four calls I attempted over several days. Their voice mail is full but they had a recorded message stating they were really busy at Bluetti so try emailing.

Tried emailing. No response after a week.

Then went to Amazon messaging (where the original purchase was made). I did get a response after 3-4 days after I requested a full refund. Subsequently they seem to respond to Amazon messages after 2-3 days but it the syntax leads to believe their text-based customer service is not US based. Took a total of two weeks to get any response for warranty assistance.

To date, I am on my third volley with them on getting a refund. Broken English Comms add to my enjoyment but the EB3A is still unfortunately a doorstop. According to various social medias, some of the EB3As seem to have been shipped with a mix of quality and firmware issues.

Maybe Bluetti is a better mousetrap. I grew tired of trying to figure out if they are, nor did I want to depend on them in clutch situation. YMMV.

Just FWIW, maybe-not-junk 100AH LiPo for $329:

https://www.amazon.com/WEIZE-LiFePO4.../dp/B0BJ75HJ4S

Lotsa junk cheap LiPo out there, but Will Prowse likes this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c6A1THDaeU

Tying it to the thread, last year I made a supersized version of NH Shooter's DIY above: a pair of 100AH LiPo (alas, >> $329 :-( ), a cheap 3000W inverter, cheap MPPT controller, single 330W panel. I used it this summer for construction at our cabin (chop saw, compressor for nail gun, etc). It was really nice to not have to deal with the gas generator droning on.

Anyway, that's a heckuva price for a decent 100AH LiPo.

Good sale on Ecoflow solar generators on Amazon. Ecoflow has done right by me on their products I own.

https://www.amazon.com/deal/422651fd...7390_723993590
    #RESIST

User Tag List