Thread: Arms and Armor of the English Civil War

Arms and Armor of the English Civil War

Last year I found Mike Duncan's The History of Rome podcast. A couple of weeks ago I found his other podcast Revolutions. The first series covers the English Civil War (1642-51), The Protectorate (1653-59) and The Restoration (1660).

With that in mind, this video from the Royal Armouries caught my eye when it came up at the end of another video I was watching. I really wish the audio quality was better, but it is what it is.

Enjoy!

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

The arms on display at Windsor Castle were something to behold when my partner and I traveled to London on an investigation in 2002. The gentleman who was in charge, I forget his name now, was an accomplished knife maker I had met at the Blade Show a year or two earlier.

Unfortunately, he was not on site the day we visited, as I'd have liked to meet up with him again.

He forged a beautiful blade from steel from the WTC following 9/11, as a tribute.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Last year I found Mike Duncan's The History of Rome podcast. A couple of weeks ago I found his other podcast Revolutions. The first series covers the English Civil War (1642-51), The Protectorate (1653-59) and The Restoration (1660).

With that in mind, this video from the Royal Armouries caught my eye when it came up at the end of another video I was watching. I really wish the audio quality was better, but it is what it is.

Enjoy!

You're the first person I've come across to mention Mike Duncan's name (and the podcasts). I started listening to History of Rome about five years ago, and have slowly made my way through Revolutions. IMO, solidly underrated podcast even if his humor is a bit dry. Thanks for sharing the vid.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    You're the first person I've come across to mention Mike Duncan's name (and the podcasts). I started listening to History of Rome about five years ago, and have slowly made my way through Revolutions. IMO, solidly underrated podcast even if his humor is a bit dry. Thanks for sharing the vid.
    Thanks! I found him through a Dan Carlin interview IIRC. The dry humor makes it even better to me since I have a very similar sense of humor myself.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List