Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Please advise me: jumping into a dot G45 vs G19

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    At the same time, how important are reloads on a carry gun really?
    This is the only part of your query I feel qualified to address, Ash. So, if you'll allow me . . .

1: There is a long road between sitting home in front of the fire playing with the baby's momma and defensively shooting a deadly threat. In contrast, the distance between addressing a single threat and being confronted by multiple attackers is much shorter. If a man is going to walk about armed, he should be prepared to address not only the (more likely) solo threat, but also the (less likely) mob attack. There is much truth in what someone once wrote here in P-F: "It's not the odds, it's the consequences."

2: One spare magazine is not enough. I have bumbled reloads several times while simply dry-firing at home. Reaching for a second magazine is much faster than trying to find one that's skittered beneath the bookcase. Doing that while under attack is an unappealing thought. Two spare mags are a practical minimum, I think.

Exclamation

In lieu of what’s happening nowadays... carry as much ammo as you can. Period.

As for the 19 vs 45... I’m like the OP, when under the clock or just in a hurry the 19 does not QUITE work for me. I find myself trying to alter my grip after it clears kydex. I have no such issues with the 19X/45/17 so I just dress around it. 🤷🏽*♂️

I’ll tell you what... if the OP decides he doesn’t want the 45 MOS upon trying it, I’ll take it. Gladly.

User Tag List