Thread: Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

I know we have a few Harbor Freight fans around here, they are recalling ALOT of jack stands.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33572/...se?xid=fbshare

Site Supporter
    Saw this the other day. I have a set of the 6 ton ones that have to go back.

Chris

Name:  D6E426A5-92A3-41CF-8D04-18CAA6800248-1426412.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  58.3 KB
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I will say this--I have purchased a lot of small things from Harbor Freight and been 100% satisfied every time. Cheap funnels, cordless drills and saws, driver bits, sandblasting media for the brass tumbler, you name it.

I would not in a million years use anything I purchased their to hold up a car I happened to be under.

Site Supporter

Harbor Freight Jack Stands Again

The company has another recall announcement about their 3 ton jack stands and defective welds. Those using these might review the information.

Man, I will never understand cheaping out on certain automotive tools or equipment like jack stands. If it was me, I'd consider investing in some high quality stands like these 3 ton ESCO's.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Man, I will never understand cheaping out on certain automotive tools or equipment like jack stands. If it was me, I'd consider investing in some high quality stands like these 3 ton ESCO's.
    Hmm, best of both worlds?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0ae25e77d0bddb

I have the jackstands which have been recalled. I've used them numerous times (three vehicles oil changes every 3,000 miles when I was doing my own). I always leave the floor jack in place when I'm under the vehicle.

User Tag List