Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G19.5 and Streamlight TLR-1 with Contour Remote

G19.5 and Streamlight TLR-1 with Contour Remote

I’ve been looking back and forth between the TLR-1 and TLR-7A to accompany my duty gun; Glock 19 Gen 5. Really going back/forth with it, as I’m not sure if I want a flush light to make it easier with off duty carry (one of the few reasons I want a light on that gun) or a long light for standoff.

Been looking at holsters and prices of the entire setup... but the one thing I’m looking at is the pressure switch for the TLR-1. I have one for my 5” M&P... which I like, but no background with the Glock version (only had the 30S, which runs the TLR-7A, so never looked into it).

Looking at the pictures, it seems the pad is located just above the ridge between the first and second finger grooves. It also looks like it is supported by that ridge. So... wondering if the lack of finger grooves will cause any fitment issues on the Gen 5.

Anyone try that combo out?

Site Supporter
    I have a TRL1-HL on a G17 next to my bed. I'm a big gan of the Gen5 G19/TLR-7A combo for a daily carry gun. Mine wears an RMR as well, but the smaller light carries concealed SO much better. Take one outside at night or into a dark building, I was pleasantly surprised at how bright it is.

I’m issued a TLR-7 and like it as much, if not more, than the TLR-1 I was issued at my old job.

I have small hands, and the contour switch totally ruined my grip on my Gen3 G23. A Surefire DG switch is much better in that regard. YMMV.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I have small hands, and the contour switch totally ruined my grip on my Gen3 G23. A Surefire DG switch is much better in that regard. YMMV.
    Yea, I’m sort of the opposite. If I was in that small hands/Whopper commercial... it would look like a normal burger.

Anyone with experience with the Streamlight remote and a Gen 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yea, I’m sort of the opposite. If I was in that small hands/Whopper commercial... it would look like a normal burger.
    As I said, YMMV, and it looks like yours does. I still have it, and can forward it to you if you want to test drive it.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

My Countour remote came in today. It takes up a lot more real estate than I prefer. Completely changes the grip feel of the gun. No-go for me. I also do not find it very inspiring that it is junk right out of the box. The rocker switch works fine, but the pressure switch is completely inoperative. The only problems I have ever had with Streamlight products are switch failures. Chalk up another one, only it never worked right out of the package...

Name:  IMG_3497.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  58.8 KB

Thanks guys, both for the offer and the picture. I really appreciate it. But the picture does a great job at showing the profile and fitment with Gen 5 grips.

cornstalker, I’ve had bad Surefire pressure switches... which required to send them back to Surefire. QC has been going downhill across all fields. That being said, only issue I’ve had with Streamlight is the flicker on the TLR-7... but was also resolved quickly.

The rocker on the remote... same as the original rocker or just constant (like on Surefire)?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Thanks guys, both for the offer and the picture. I really appreciate it. But the picture does a great job at showing the profile and fitment with Gen 5 grips.

cornstalker, I’ve had bad Surefire pressure switches... which required to send them back to Surefire. QC has been going downhill across all fields. That being said, only issue I’ve had with Streamlight is the flicker on the TLR-7... but was also resolved quickly.

The rocker on the remote... same as the original rocker or just constant (like on Surefire)?
    Same as original. Rocker one way, constant the other.

I seem to be a magnet for defective products. I had high hopes that Surefire's quality could withstand my magnetism. I have less hope now. Thanks for the info.

User Tag List