Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G43 extended magazines?

Glock G43 extended magazines?

Are there any extended magazines that would work reliably?

I carry my G43 sometimes in my pocket and plan to carry it also on my belt under certain circumstances. When it's in a belt holster an extended magazine would be nice, but a standard six-round magazine would fit better in my pocket. (A G43X or G48 won't work for me for pocket carry.)

(Note: For those interested in the circumstances in which a belt holster makes sense for me and not a pocket holster - traveling. When I'm traveling I need my pockets for many things that I would not need if I were just going to the corner store. Also, going to the corner store I can slide the holstered pistol in my pocket and be gone, while threading a holster and magazine makes sense to me if I'll be wearing it all day.)

Haven't found one yet I trust, best results I've had have been with the tango down ones. But I've seen an issue or two there.

I've had issues with multiple TTI ones.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Haven't found one yet I trust, best results I've had have been with the tango down ones. But I've seen an issue or two there.

I've had issues with multiple TTI ones.
    Thanks. I'll stick with the standard ones.

I use the Tango Down ones on my g43. As of yet, I haven’t had any issues, but I admittedly don’t shoot it a lot. In my g19 I just use larger magazines. I do have some TT and Taylor Freelance extensions on M&P magazines. They will almost always cause my slide to auto forward which I am not a fan of. They only get used for training because of that.

My agency has tested every kind of extended G43 magazine out there, and none of them functioned perfectly.

I talked to a Glock LE rep about it, and he said if they could figure out a way to make G43 extended mags reliable, they’d be building them themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    My agency has tested every kind of extended G43 magazine out there, and none of them functioned perfectly.

I talked to a Glock LE rep about it, and he said if they could figure out a way to make G43 extended mags reliable, they’d be building them themselves.
    Pretty definitive. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

That's exactly what the factory says
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Check out the mag extension made by Ghost. Unlike all the others, the Ghost is literally a mag extension, as opposed to a hollowed out base pad. I’ve thoroughly vetted the two I have, and have had no issues. I use it as my reload magazine, as not only does it get two extra rounds, it seats easier due to the added length.

Can glock or someone third party make a 6 round mag that works Reliably with a glock 48? Shortening up a g48 mag. Then we can take g48, cut down the grip to take those new mags, and put a 43 upper on it to make a G43Y. And it will work with the new 6 round flush mags and also 10 round glock 48 factory mags.

Site Supporter
    I personally find it hard to believe that Glock can make reliable mags for the 17/19/26 but can't make an extended mag for the 43.

User Tag List