Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm loads

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Muzzle velocity of 1186fps.
    Why so hot? Replicating a +P defensive load? (My N320 load above, which I use primarily for USPSA, is ~130-140 FPS slower.)

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Why so hot? Replicating a +P defensive load? (My N320 load above, which I use primarily for USPSA, is ~130-140 FPS slower.)
    I don't game anymore, so I'm not concerned with the softest, flatest shooting load I can get by with. I prefer something that mimics a full power service load for training. This is also the most accurate load I've found in my nines. I can also use the same powder charge for my .45acp loads, so no dinking with the powder measure between die swaps on the press. Besides, it's a 9mm fired from a Beretta 92. We're not talking about a real hand slapper.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Mixed range brass, mostly Winchester and cci primers.

125 grain Hard cast. ~5.2. Unique

9mm /38 special 147/158 polycoat. ~4.2. be-86

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    125 grain Hard cast. ~5.2. Unique
    If you're ever in possession of some 115 grain XTPs, 5.4 of Unique at 1.075" OAL is a really nice load in my experience.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    If you're ever in possession of some 115 grain XTPs, 5.4 of Unique at 1.075" OAL is a really nice load in my experience.
    So that would compress a bit more powder into the case. Nice thing about it is that pretty much impossible to double charge this load.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    So that would compress a bit more powder into the case. Nice thing about it is that pretty much impossible to double charge this load.

Yeah, Unique is pretty "fluffy." I've seen book loads above 6 grains, but I think somewhere around 6.5 or 7 grains would completely fill a 9mm case.

Site Supporter
    Cheapest 115FMJ I can find over 5.1 WSF over any primer in mixed brass. If I find 124s I use 4.9 WSF.

Site Supporter
    5.5 grains of BE-86 under a 124-grain FMJ at 1.12” OAL runs about 1100 FPS from my PX4. 5.8 grains runs about 1170 FPS. For context, Winchester NATO-spec hardball runs about 1180 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    My carry ammo is 147 HST or equivalent, but not sure I need to duplicate that load (and there's not a wide range of 147 gr bulk bullets out there).
    My carry ammo is 147 gr HST too. I tried to get something pretty similar and currently have

145gr Bayou RN
    3.8 gr WSF
    CCI or Winchester primers
    Range brass

Unfortunately my recipe is not a great anaolog for the HST. My loads are softer shooting and POI is 3-4" inches off for windage at 25 yards, compared to the HST. Shooting a P2000.

The last batch I went up to 4.0 gr of WSF hoping it would be closer to the HST in terms of recoil and POI, but my range has been closed since March so I haven't been able to test them.

4.2gr Titegroup, 124gr X-Treme plated hollow point (non-expanding, but accurate bullet).

Same 4.2gr under any jacketed or plated bullet I've run in 124gr does well. 124gr XTP is very accurate loaded this way too, out of several Glocks.

Montana Gold 115gr JHP over 4.8gr of Titegroup is a great load too, but those bullets aren't as cheap as they used to be.

User Tag List