Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm loads

9mm loads

Looking through my ammo stash, I see a disturbingly small number of 9mm rounds left (under 1,500 which is a veritable drought for me). I've got an entire ammo can full of cases ready to load, but no bullets. What are folks who load 9mm using, bullet weight, velocity, etc?

My carry ammo is 147 HST or equivalent, but not sure I need to duplicate that load (and there's not a wide range of 147 gr bulk bullets out there).

If you don't want to post your loads publicly, I'll gladly take PMs. Thanks!

5.0 WSF, Magtech primer*, Precision Delta 124HP

3.1 Clay Dot, Magtech primer, Blue 135 FP

*I'm not sure what happened to Magtech but I haven't seen their primers on the market for a long time. It's too bad because I have used tens of thousands of them without an issue
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Looking through my ammo stash, I see a disturbingly small number of 9mm rounds left (under 1,500 which is a veritable drought for me). I've got an entire ammo can full of cases ready to load, but no bullets. What are folks who load 9mm using, bullet weight, velocity, etc?

My carry ammo is 147 HST or equivalent, but not sure I need to duplicate that load (and there's not a wide range of 147 gr bulk bullets out there).

If you don't want to post your loads publicly, I'll gladly take PMs. Thanks!
    Just one ammo can?

I use Bullseye or Clays or one of the pistol VV powders, CCI primers, whatever plated or coated or jacketed bullet I have stocked, and find a recipe in one of my loading manuals. If it’s a new bullet or load, I load a few and try them for function in the primary gun I intend to use them in. If it’s one of the loads I’ve used a lot in that gun, I just load till I have enough or until I run out of a component, and go shoot.

I haven’t loaded a 9mm round in a few years, though, because I stopped when grad school ate all my free time. I just bought cases of 9mm and used them up when I had time to do anything with gun safety instead of spending that time loading. And I am using different guns than when I was when I loaded for 9mm before, so I’d basically be started everything from scratch. LOL.

4.0gr Titegroup, Federal pistol primers, range brass, 124gr HP Precision Delta.

Clays is a nice powder, too. Very soft shooting. But at 4gr per round, I have a lot of 9mm to shoot before I switch powders. I think I have about 16lbs of Titegroup to go. (7000gr per pound, 16 pounds, 4gr per round = 28k to go)
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

RMR 124gr JHP
    4.9gr Unique
    1.075 OAL
    1100 fps
    Taking a break from social media.

Mixed range brass, 4.0 gr N320, CCI or Win SPP, Blue Bullets 125 gr truncated cone @ 1.11" OAL. Makes right at 131 PF for me out of a 4" barrel (Walther P99).

(Data given for information only, use at your own risk, YMMV, other guns may give different performance, etc., etc.)

5.9 grains of Alliant BE-86 under an 124 grain bullet, any brass, any primer.

Muzzle velocity of 1186fps.

These days it's all I use for range work.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Mixed range brass, 4.0 gr N320, CCI or Win SPP, Blue Bullets 125 gr truncated cone @ 1.11" OAL. Makes right at 131 PF for me out of a 4" barrel (Walther P99).

(Data given for information only, use at your own risk, YMMV, other guns may give different performance, etc., etc.)
    N320 is a great powder, I prefer it over WSF but sometimes it gets difficult to source.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

RMR 124 FMJ 3.9-4.00 gr Titegroup, 1.10 OAL, or SNS 124gr Conical nose 3.8gr 1.10 OAL, SNS 147GR FP 3.gr 1.13 OAL. these are some of the loads I am trying. Mainly the 124gr FMJ from RMR right now

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    N320 is a great powder, I prefer it over WSF but sometimes it gets difficult to source.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Recoilweb did a two part test on Glock factory and aftermarket barrels. In the first test they use a fixture which rigidly held the barrels, in the second test they used a ransom rest.

https://www.recoilweb.com/aftermarke...ng-127282.html

https://www.recoilweb.com/fire-4-eff...ts-127423.html

Based on these tests I'm interested in finding the 147gr bulk bullet that most closely matches the Federal load. I'm hoping someone has already done the work.

User Tag List