Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off duty Nashville cop shot while walking his dog

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I know. I'm referring to the dichotomy between the rational part of my psyche that rah-rahs all the rule of law stuff, and the 95% that runs the show. That dude earned the smoke-check he got.
    Wait wait the thread has already diverted to showering with your gun. We gotta get on track! 😂
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'd feel a little silly in the shower...
    I believe there was an article recently about someone thwarting a home invasion with his “shower gun.” S&W 642 in a Tupperware sandwich container anyone?

If it wasn’t for small children, I’d make this a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'd feel a little silly in the shower...
    I read somewhere that stainless pistols were invented so you could have it in the shower with you.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Who doesnt have a gun on them at all times? [emoji848]
    Plenty of off-duty LEOs and the vast majority of people with carry permits, apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Wait wait the thread has already diverted to showering with your gun. We gotta get on track! 😂
    Name:  ShowerGlock.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  28.7 KB

Is that a--*squints*--19? Why would you jam a 33-round stick in a 19?

PS--I also never understood sticking a Pearce grip extension on a 26. Just carry a 19 if you're gonna do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Plenty of off-duty LEOs and the vast majority of people with carry permits, apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im just a skilled trades guy. Never anything in LE or dealt with anything like that. Outside of this forum I dont know any cops. I just dont get anybody not carrying. I cant fathom how anybody could ever be unarmed. Especially in this day of inexpensive reliable firearms of all sizes and laws that favor CC.
    A couple of months ago I interrupted a possible snatch of a young girl off of a street. I only had a J on me, I recall thinking no misses, Im truly fucked. But there was no way I was going to let it happen. I think the fact that I instantly recognized what was going on and the fact I made my presence known and obviously wasnt leaving the area was enough. Two weeks ago first time ever outside of practice I drew that same J on a dog that I thought was going to attack a person I was with. You never know what can happen.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I’m just glad he is ok and I hope he carries in the future
    We are presuming he wasn't carrying. Walk past a guy, say hi, and then take a round you didn't see coming to the shoulder and go down, then have another round miss you while you are on the ground...might not have been time to draw and return fire before the bad guy ran.

I agree it's likely he wasn't carrying, but we don't know.

We've jumped to a conclusion, yet again.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    We are presuming he wasn't carrying. Walk past a guy, say hi, and then take a round you didn't see coming to the shoulder and go down, then have another round miss you while you are on the ground...might not have been time to draw and return fire before the bad guy ran.

I agree it's likely he wasn't carrying, but we don't know.

We've jumped to a conclusion, yet again.
    We are way past all that. Now show your shower gun setup.

If the officer was shot in the back (or worse the back of the head) as he walked past the unassuming shooter, being armed probably would not have helped. This is pretty scary because I walk past unassuming strangers everyday and armed or not, I don't think I could stop someone who just turns around a KGB executes me with a shot to the back of my head.

User Tag List