Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off duty Nashville cop shot while walking his dog

Off duty Nashville cop shot while walking his dog

I suspect he wasn't carrying, but this story does have a happy ending.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/in...5-in-nashville

An off-duty Metro Nashville police officer was injured when he was shot while walking his dog near Ashland City Thursday night. Police later shot and killed the suspect on Interstate 440 following a pursuit. The roadway will remain closed until at least 9 a.m.

Metro Nashville police said Officer Darrell Osment was walking his dog near Bull Run Road in Northwest Davidson County at about 9 p.m. when he walked past a man he didn't know. The two exchanged "hello's," police said.

After they walked past each other, the suspect pulled out a gun and shot Officer Osment in the shoulder. According to police, the gunman fired his gun again as Officer Osment was on the ground, but missed and hit the dirt.

Metro police say Officer Darrell Osment was shot while walking his dog in plain clothes near the intersection of Pine Valley and Bull Run Roads.
    Aaron said Officer Osment was able to get up and run to a nearby relative's home to call 911 and give dispatchers a description of the suspect's vehicle as it left the parking lot of a nearby church.
    #RESIST

Glad he's going to be okay.

Don't walk your dog unarmed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Glad he's going to be okay.

Don't walk your dog unarmed.
    This.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

More to the story? Random? Shooter had a plan and targeted this guy? Happened to recognize him as an officer from a prior?

Odd one.

Anyway, Nashville...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    After all I’ve seen and done in my career, I don’t eat cereal on my couch unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    After all I’ve seen and done in my career, I don’t eat cereal on my couch unarmed.
    Especially if you hear snap, crackle and POP!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Especially if you hear snap, crackle and POP!
    I’m more of a Corn POP kind of guy 😁

Site Supporter
    Who knows why. Mistaken identity , retaliation, robbery or a thrill shooter. Lots of criminals are retarded and couldn't explain their actions even if they wanted to and if they did try and explain they are probably lying. I’m just glad he is ok and I hope he carries in the future

As a police officer I would think he would be carrying, even off duty, presuming that is allowed by his department or whatever other regulations and certifications apply. But maybe not, and even so from the way the shooting is described it almost seems like a vest would have been more immediately helpful, presuming (again) that shooting was unexpected even if the officer was carrying I doubt he would have been able to preempt the first shot. It reads like he was very lucky the second shot missed.

But who puts on a vest to walk their dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    As a police officer I would think he would be carrying, even off duty, presuming that is allowed by his department or whatever other regulations and certifications apply. But maybe not, and even so from the way the shooting is described it almost seems like a vest would have been more immediately helpful, presuming (again) that shooting was unexpected even if the officer was carrying I doubt he would have been able to preempt the first shot. It reads like he was very lucky the second shot missed.

But who puts on a vest to walk their dog?
    Who doesnt have a gun on them at all times? 🤔
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List