Thread: The 1 year mark with the M66-8

The 1 year mark with the M66-8

Bruces post made me try to remember how long ive had my 2.75" m66-8. Turns out a year.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....7-My-new-M66-8
    It's been my primary edc since then. Ive carried a 1911 here and there if i feel the urge.

Ive lost count of my round count. Ive never been good at recording ammo. I have placed 3 orders with rimrock. So thats over 7,000 bullets. I havent shot them all but around 5k. Then factor in a couple thousand rounds of factory and you'll see ive shot it a fair bit.

Most loads have been .38 (5.2 unique under 158gr) but a fair amount of magnums (13.5 2400 under 158gr).

Im still looking for grips but ive found this gun to be exactly what i was looking for. Im very happy with the sights and how the trigger feels. I recently surprised myself with ringing 10x12 steel at 30 yards 24/24. DA at a pretty quick pace. That's really good for me and that same session had me miss a couple times with my 1911 at that distance.

I know a lot of you guys who've been carrying and shooting revolvers longer than ive been alive have a long standing comfort with revolvers. Ive just started shooting and carrying revolvers 2 years ago and am glad I did.

I just enjoy shooting them and carrying them too. The k frame aiwb just fits me very well.

I carry my GP100 more than anything else these days. Nothing wrong with a revolver.

Site Supporter
    Amidst the " fifteen rounds of 9mm may not be enough" craze it would do a lot of folks to remember, revolvers have been protecting individuals, families, and businesses (not to mention LEOs) for roughly 170 years. Crazed biker gangs (popular back in my day) or bands of meth heads and gang members (today) aside, for the majority of people and the things they might encounter, a revolver will do what it has always done.

03RN, good for you for sticking with it this long. That's probably the key as occasional use while carrying a semi auto tends to highlight perceived short comings. Longer use and familiarity builds confidence and a more realistic appreciation for 5 or 6 well placed shots. Yes you have to work harder with a revolver...but then the easy way is not always the right way.

YMMV,
    Dave

It sure is a beauty.

Just watching this.

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/t...d-2020-update/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I just got my JM Kydex holster for mine. They do carry well! The grip situation is still a issue for me as well.
    I'm using a modified Hogue Bantam grip that I took a razor blade to on one gun, and a Pachmyer compact grip on the other gun.
    Name:  20200522_113645.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  99098483_10158039263065731_5310191122599903232_n.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  100.8 KB

User Tag List