Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Broward County SD

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    If this were a failure by just the SRO, I'd be reluctant to blame the sheriff of a large department unless he had some role in appointing, assigning, retaining, or supervising the particular deputy and knew or should have known his shortcomings. Anyone who has been a supervisor for a while has had the experience of a subordinate who screws the pooch spectacularly. The issue I have with the sheriff and perhaps the organization is the cascading series of hesitation and failures to act. That suggests some organizational issue.
    There was much more to the story that directly involved the sheriff himself. From stopping arrests/prosecutions to make Obama administration funding quotas to getting the coward SRO to cover for the sheriff’s own kids as I recall. It was all in the open shortly after but I’m not motivated enough to search for it.

Site Supporter
    I don't have any sympathy for Israel. From all I've read, the Sun Sentinel is off their mark in their endorsement of Israel for another term. The mistakes made by multiple deputies suggests he was providing real leadership to his organization though I'm sure BSO has many 10-8 deputies in their ranks.

User Tag List