Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Broward County SD

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Having seen the debrief for the Stoneman Douglas HS incident...BCSO deputies who were there needed to be fired. Plenty of video of them doing nothing while Parkland PD ran past their lazy asses.

This whole incident had a bunch of cluster fucks, from the first 911 call until the end. To this day Broward County has not fixed the communication issues because of politics.

If any of you get the chance you should attend the debrief. Pinellas County FL Sheriff Bob Gualtiere was the speaker for the debrief I saw...he was also the Commission Chair.

Here is the Commissions report: http://www.trbas.com/media/media/acr...0-12074125.pdf
    Agreed. And just a nitpick - there is no Parkland PD. Parkland is patrolled by BSO. Officers from the city just south, Coral Springs PD were the ones who ran past the cowards. I knew a couple of them. Coral Springs PD as a whole is aggressive and I was not surprised they made entry and did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Agreed. And just a nitpick - there is no Parkland PD. Parkland is patrolled by BSO. Officers from the city just south, Coral Springs PD were the ones who ran past the cowards. I knew a couple of them. Coral Springs PD as a whole is aggressive and I was not surprised they made entry and did the right thing.
    You are correct!!! Coral Springs PD it was.

Funny how those City Limits are drawn. IIRC, Coral Springs City Limits are literally across the street from the school...but the initial 911 calls were routed to BCSO... cell calls went to one emergency center and landline calls went to the other. Their emergency communications system there is heavily broken.

Really “funny” in that Jenne’s entire power grab post 9/11 was based on communication failures.

That guy is the real criminal here. He laid the groundwork for this failure.

Imma fan of Coral Springs pd, btw. They have a good training program.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Really “funny” in that Jenne’s entire power grab post 9/11 was based on communication failures.

That guy is the real criminal here. He laid the groundwork for this failure.

Imma fan of Coral Springs pd, btw. They have a good training program.
    The high note of that presentation is how Coral Springs responded. Their response, once on-scene, ALL came down to training...literally.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    The high note of that presentation is how Coral Springs responded. Their response, once on-scene, ALL came down to training...literally.
    They train hard. Their SWAT team trained with JSOC in years past. Not sure if they still do. But I’d also add mindset and the backing of the leadership. They are one of those agencies that keep the criminals at bay. And most of the thugs I interacted with knew to avoid the city. Many of the hard core BSO deputies I knew had doubts about Sheriff Israel and previously Jenne having their back even while doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    They train hard. Their SWAT team trained with JSOC in years past. Not sure if they still do. But I’d also add mindset and the backing of the leadership. They are one of those agencies that keep the criminals at bay. And most of the thugs I interacted with knew to avoid the city. Many of the hard core BSO deputies I knew had doubts about Sheriff Israel and previously Jenne having their back even while doing the right thing.
    I don't know if it's still the case, but back when I was still living and working in South FL, a lot of agents lived in Coral Springs. So it's never surprised me that they would have a more "go get 'em" attitude on the department. Kudos to them.
    Dare to speak the truth

User Tag List