Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: China announce plans to take full control of Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'd have played with dolls if she was around when I was a kid...hell...who am I kidding? Now.
    I wish my Wonder Woman Doll had been more closely modelled on Lynda Carter.

"The Baroness" was probably responsible for a lot of "awakenings." For me, it was Emma Frost and the rest of the females of the X-Men's foes, The Hellfire Club.

Name:  Tessa-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Hellfire-h4.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  68.4 KB

And that issue was...memorable on its effect on later fixations of mine.

Oh Tessa....
    Last edited by Baldanders; 05-22-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I never understood why "the west + allies" moved entire industries (even vital ones) to China... helping to survive, prosper and enrich the despotic ruling elite of a gigantic country with global ambitions, effectively making it a superpower en route to collision with us

Fuck the CCP. They are not our friends, and never will be. Yet all western leaders look the other way hoping the problem will solve itself.

Hope I can still say this here

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/26/2...nist-party-ccp

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    I never understood why "the west + allies" moved entire industries (even vital ones) to China... helping to survive, prosper and enrich the despotic ruling elite of a gigantic country with global ambitions, effectively making it a superpower en route to collision with us

Fuck the CCP. They are not our friends, and never will be. Yet all western leaders look the other way hoping the problem will solve itself.

Sometimes, perhaps oftentimes, the sparkly lure of filthy lucre overcomes reason, common sense, and what's in the best interest of survival. When you put most of your eggs in a basket you don't actually own or control, you leave yourself and your fate in the hands of others. When they prove to be less than friends...who do you blame?

It'll be a big mirror we'll be needing...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I believe those who do not understand the right to individual self-defense cannot ever hope to prevail as a people.
    I couldn't agree more Yung! Well said.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Sometimes, perhaps oftentimes, the sparkly lure of filthy lucre overcomes reason, common sense, and what's in the best interest of survival. When you put most of your eggs in a basket you don't actually own or control, you leave yourself and your fate in the hands of others. When they prove to be less than friends...who do you blame?

Wow. Lucre, that's not a word you see everyday.

As to the post you were responding to:

Corporations want their stock prices to go up due to higher profits, CEO's want their bonuses, and the average Joe wants to get himself a big flat screen TV, as well as other items at the cheapest price possible so they can keep up with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Wow. Lucre, that's not a word you see everyday.

As to the post you were responding to:

Corporations want their stock prices to go up due to higher profits, CEO's want their bonuses, and the average Joe wants to get himself a big flat screen TV, as well as other items at the cheapest price possible so they can keep up with the rest.
    Not just lucre, but "filthy lucre" (which is the best kind)

From a "what could possibly go wrong" standpoint, having manufacturing done is (cheap labor and materials) China made sense a couple decades ago. 'Cause, you know, China can't stay commie forever.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Well, Russia ditched the Commies and became a democratic and peaceful paradise. They wouldn't invade their little neighbors, intervene in countries like Syria or Libya or cyberattack us! Yep, switching the name of dictatorship certainly makes the world safer.

Big powers act like big powers.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post

Gong fei and Sat Cong!

Site Supporter
    One might recall several American big businesses were quite OK with trading with Germany before and during the start of WWII. Only our entry dampened down their enthusiasm. Nasty history there.

Money talks, what else is new? So you are shocked now?

User Tag List