Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: China announce plans to take full control of Hong Kong

Site Supporter
    Damnit.....it was inevitable, but damnit.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    They never stood a chance.
    I believe those who do not understand the right to individual self-defense cannot ever hope to prevail as a people.

In modern times, I think that pretty much leaves just us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've been waiting for this since the Brits gave it back. I'm surprised it took this long. I'm glad I was able to visit when I did back in the 80's, interesting place.
    Yup. I too am shocked that it took this long.

China is a serious enemy not a soul wants to take seriously. Kind of reminds me of Hitler. Everyone thought that kissing his ass would placate him till it was too late.

We have enemies within to reckon with... as well as enemies without. Freedom is not immune from domestic threats. They come in a variety of wrappers.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We have enemies within to reckon with... as well as enemies without. Freedom is not immune from domestic threats. They come in a variety of wrappers.
    This. So much this.

Judging from some of the images that came out the protests a few months ago, my guess is this will not go easily. OK. Fights On.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Put me in the Tin Foil Hat camp but I am thoroughly convinced the COVOD debacle plays into this.

China invented Chess and their leadership have been playing it for years. Now any protests will be put down with the excuse of trying to prevent pandemic, and half this country will applaud China’s actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I believe those who do not understand the right to individual self-defense cannot ever hope to prevail as a people.

In modern times, I think that pretty much leaves just us.
    Don’t worry - you have plenty in this country working hard to fix that “glitch”

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Put me in the Tin Foil Hat camp but I am thoroughly convinced the COVOD debacle plays into this.

China invented Chess and their leadership have been playing it for years. Now any protests will be put down with the excuse of trying to prevent pandemic, and half this country will applaud China’s actions.

Don’t worry - you have plenty in this country working hard to fix that “glitch”
    It's not just the left in this country that seem to admire autocrats, autocracy and the so-called "dictatorship of the people".

Failing to recognize this would be a grave error, in my view. I choose not to be a member of either tribe, so as to more clearly see where their actions and policies do not intersect with mine or what I consider core American values.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    No more biden our time
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    No more biden our time
    I see as many shipboard rats on the other side of the aisle. I don't let my hopes and concerns for the future of the 2A (alone) blind me to the danger represented by these two monoliths. It's insidious, and like rust, never sleeps.

User Tag List