Thread: Interesting 1301 resource I found

Interesting 1301 resource I found

In particular I found his video on mag tube wear very interesting. However there are a few articles/videos on here that may be helpful. http://www.practical-shotgun.com/ber...-mag-tube-wear

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    One note, since you are a new guy this month with already three, maybe four separate threads on the 1301, the custom on P-F has been to have essentially all of the 1301 discussion in the giant 1301 thread that was started back in 2014 or so. It doesn't have to be that way, but it's how we do things here, for whatever reason. I'd suggest following the tradition, if only just to fit in. There are some forums where necro-posting is officially frowned upon; this is not one of them.

On topic, mag tube wear came up as pretty much the only thing that would go wrong with the 1301 when I was doing my early research years ago. There was a competition shooter in Europe with maybe 3500 rounds through a gun who'd had to replace it due to wear. At that time, the only online source I could find for the tubes was a Beretta dealer in Europe. I mentioned it a few months ago when I noticed MGW and Browell's finally selling them here, and the concern was basically shot down by people with a high round count through their guns. But I'm still happy that the parts are readily available and cheap now.

I did notice that the ID surfaces of my piston (2014) production were rather rough feeling when new. I used some fine sandpaper to break the edges and smooth them out before putting a bunch of rounds through the gun. Maybe it didn't make a difference, maybe it did. I only have the one and nothing to compare it to. But I'm sure it couldn't have hurt.

The Gen 2 pistons have some kind of coating on the ID. I don't know that it's to address this issue, but it might be. Probably doesn't hurt. It's also possible Beretta improved the finish of the ID of the piston along the way.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Gotcha. I’ll post in the long thread in the future.

User Tag List