Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 372: The Two Second Standards Part 1

I have always thought it meant 1 hit in black = 1 point.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I have always thought it meant 1 hit in black = 1 point.
    This was my understanding from taking the HiTS class a few weeks ago. Incentivizes more hits in the black over a smaller group size.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    This was my understanding from taking the HiTS class a few weeks ago. Incentivizes more hits in the black over a smaller group size.
    Same here. First Responder Pistol is an awesome class.

PX4CC, JMCK 2.5 under a polo shirt.

First run: 3-0-0-0 = fail. I was hurrying to max out the shots so I was overrunning the timer with extra shots - but missing.

Second run: 3-0-1-0= fail. Slowed down too much and went OT on the draws.

Third run: 2-1-2-1 = pass. I focused on doing what I knew I could do and then stopping, which I think is the key to this drill.

My key area of improvement would be the speed to first shot. I was running about 1.18 from the low ready and 1.9 from the draw, with splits in the .3s. If I took about .2 off of those I could do 4-2-3-2.

Ran this early AM, private outdoor range. Gen5G19MOS w/ACRO, out of a Safariland GLS, under an unbuttoned shirt for concealed strings.
    S1:3 S2:1 S3:2 S4:1 All in black=PASS.
    I will do this again as I want to improve my draw time and get a few more rounds in. VERY conscious of overtime-but it occurs to me that OT shots just discounted.

Okay I guess my score was 8 then.

Nomad 9/glock 19 gen 5 mos upper/ holosun 507c from an enigma with haven defense holster attached and a button down shirt

String 1 - 4 hits in 1.63 for 4 points

String 2 - 4 hits in 2.05 for 3 points

String 3 - 4 hits in 1.99 for 4 points

String 4 - 3 hits in 2.10 for 2 points

Total points under time - 13

On the first string I stopped shooting, thinking that I missed and was over the par. Certainly underestimated myself and the amount of time that had passed. Four right in the x ring with time for another hit or two.

It's interesting going back and comparing to my scores earlier in the thread from when I was running irons only. Not only did i shoot higher points, but I literally shot the x ring out of the target by the time I was done(like the carnival game that I never win!). Dots are like easy mode with the amount of feedback you get. I was not intentionally shooting for the x ring but the dot just kept hovering there and I was simply shooting at the speed that I could guarantee hits in the black.

I'll take those hits all day long, especially on the first outting with a new gun.

3 yards from the ready

3 yards from the holster

5 yards from the ready

5 yards from the ready
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List