Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock to M&P 2.0 parts concerns

I've been getting my replacement (or spare) parts from Brownells> I was also using Speed Shooter Specialties but they appear to be out of business.

If this is a dedicated carry gun you should have three of them.

A practice gun....a carry gun and a backup.

Smith & Wesson will gladly replace parts at the intervals and pay for the shipping.

That's what I was told about my shield

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    If this is a dedicated carry gun you should have three of them.
    A practice gun....a carry gun and a backup.
    Smith & Wesson will gladly replace parts at the intervals and pay for the shipping.
    Yeah I am covered with the "three is one" with my Glocks. I just happen to really like this M&P2.0, and before I start buying more of them, I wanted to make sure I could get parts. I'm not to keen on sending a gun back to the factory every 5K rounds for spring replacements. I shoot enough rounds to make that a multiple times per year effort and I'm just not going to do that.

Thanks again for the Maintenance chart and the Midwest Gunworks suggestion guys. I now feel like I can ramp up the shooting schedule on this gun since I am comfortable keeping it. I usually don't like to put more than a couple thousand rounds on a gun that I am going to try to sell for a $50-60 loss (long-term rental fee).

Site Supporter
    I have multiple M&Ps and associate with high volume M&P shooters. Have not seen many parts failures. Seen (not me) one barrel worn out and one high volume barrel break in the lug area - S&W replaced the barrel. I have replaced mag springs and recoil springs as wear items. S&W sent me some mag followers for free that broke after years of service. Most of my M&Ps have some version of the APEX trigger enhancements.

PS - around Atlanta you can find new or near new M&Ps for about $400. At those prices, can have duty one and a practice-range version.

I’ve been shooting gen1 for more then 4-5 years, recoil springs and 1 slide stop replacement on my main training gun. It has @ 40ish k through it over the years with my low volume shooting schedule. My pro 5” CORE has had a few recoil springs and zero other parts replacements. I have never had a parts failure on the range, all of my training mags (factory) have zero maintenance over the years. My 4 aridando mag extended with higher power springs cough every once in a blue moon. I usually order from speed shooters specialties and if it’s true that they are out of business it’s gonna suck some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List