Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wharncliffe blades

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've considered buying a really nice gentleman's knife, but I'd just fuck it up.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That's beautiful.
    Thanks, LL. That's a dogleg jack. Ken is supremely talented knife maker, (and former gunsmith). He's been on hiatus from knife making for a couple years now, but hopefully he'll be back. He is a good friend and I have many knives he's made for me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've never owned one, but I love the look of a Wharncliff blade. Dunno why, but it just grabs me. Same for Puukkos...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Damn it, now I'm looking for a Gentlemen's Wharncliff.

I managed to get the knife monkey off my back almost 10 years ago. I managed to studiously avoid this sub-forum but then I had to come here and ask about Opinels because I lost my EDC knife and here I am getting pulled back in all over again.

Truer words were never spoken: "Once in, never out"

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

I managed to get the knife monkey off my back almost 10 years ago. I managed to studiously avoid this sub-forum but then I had to come here and ask about Opinels because I lost my EDC knife and here I am getting pulled back in all over again.

There's worse things a man could spend his money on.

Here is a production model from a good boutique manufacturer, Great Eastern Cutlery. i have several of their knives. https://www.collectorknives.net/shop...icarta-620320/

That being said, I am not a huge fan of the Wharncliffe blade, and my EDC is a small Sebenza with a tanto blade. The CRK version of the tanto blade shape is great for opening boxes and stripping wire, my big uses for a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    There's worse things a man could spend his money on.
    Muscle cars, old VWs, Imperial Japanese military sake cups, trying to learn to live with Glocks...BTDT with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Here is a production model from a good boutique manufacturer, Great Eastern Cutlery. i have several of their knives. https://www.collectorknives.net/shop...icarta-620320/

That being said, I am not a huge fan of the Wharncliffe blade, and my EDC is a small Sebenza with a tanto blade. The CRK version of the tanto blade shape is great for opening boxes and stripping wire, my big uses for a knife.
    Thanks! When the Father's Day Fairy drops by, we'll see how much cash she's gathered for me and I may just add that to my want list. It wouldn't be an EDC, just something a little nicer when I feel the need.

Belly works great when you are cutting against something......

A straight edge works great for cutting in space.....

A Delica or Endura with the slight amount of belly is a great compromise.....

For my day-to-day tasks I mostly cut in space.

If there's not a need to cut against something a hawk bill works even better in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Belly works great when you are cutting against something......

A straight edge works great for cutting in space.....

A Delica or Endura with the slight amount of belly is a great compromise.....

For my day-to-day tasks I mostly cut in space.

If there's not a need to cut against something a hawk bill works even better in space.
    In space no can can hear you cut...

In space no can can hear you cut...
    Audio or it didn't happen...

User Tag List