Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 47

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Are those re-designed bold sights for mos I see???
    Those are the CBP contract sights.

I believe Ameriglo calls them the "Trooper" sights. Like most of their better products they are not on Ameriglo's website but are available of you call Ameriglo.

Does this thing actually use the shorter RSA (of the G19)? If so, I am really curious what that will do for the recoil pulse and sight tracking.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    See also this product listing on Omaha Outdoors
    That magazine baseplate gave me Covid-19.

I think the relative profusion of Glock variants is the past couple of years is generally a good thing (assuming, of course Glock's abilities to deftly manage the budding multiciplicity of orderable SKU's), especially for organizations and individuals having cogent reasons for this or that variation.

However, with all the various essentially G17 and G19 variations, I'm still really, really pleased with my Gen 3 G17 and G19....

Doesn't mean I'm beating up on Glock for what their doing (marketing, man, marketing...), and it doesn't mean I won't spring for one of more of them in the future- they certainly gives end users some great options.

However, I still think in most cases, simply selecting an overall best, participating in aggresive training and practice would effectively render the differentiiations between variations relatively meaningless.

And there genuinely are some good product improvements in the G19X/Gen5 Glocks. I just don't feel compelled to throw out my Gen 3's that are accurate, durable, reliable, and well vetted. And I think the primary beneficiaries of the Gen4 guns are the .40 and .357 models, where there really was a cogent need for the Gen4 product improvements. So basically, I thing that while Gen4 and Gen5's have some specified benefits, they're arguably selectively beneficial within certain calibers of Glocks and certain Glock platforms, and Gen 3 guns are not necessarily obseleted per se (especially in 9mm).

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Does this thing actually use the shorter RSA (of the G19)? If so, I am really curious what that will do for the recoil pulse and sight tracking.
    Yes the 47 uses the same RSA as the G19/19X/45.

The image has DHS CBP marked on the slide. I guessing they won't ship like this...

I am actually interested in this one. Like others have stated, I am interested in being able to configure into different guns.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Those are the CBP contract sights.

I believe Ameriglo calls them the "Trooper" sights. Like most of their better products they are not on Ameriglo's website but are available of you call Ameriglo.
    https://ameriglo.com/collections/pro...k-trooper-sets
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post

It will make it just like a 19. Just like the 45&19X are just G19s.

It's not an advantage in any way and a disadvantage in every way if you want a fullsize gun.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    It's not an advantage in any way and a disadvantage in every way if you want a fullsize gun.

That was my concern. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I think the relative profusion of Glock variants is the past couple of years is generally a good thing (assuming, of course Glock's abilities to deftly manage the budding multiciplicity of orderable SKU's), especially for organizations and individuals having cogent reasons for this or that variation.

However, with all the various essentially G17 and G19 variations, I'm still really, really pleased with my Gen 3 G17 and G19....

Doesn't mean I'm beating up on Glock for what their doing (marketing, man, marketing...), and it doesn't mean I won't spring for one of more of them in the future- they certainly gives end users some great options.

However, I still think in most cases, simply selecting an overall best, participating in aggresive training and practice would effectively render the differentiiations between variations relatively meaningless.

And there genuinely are some good product improvements in the G19X/Gen5 Glocks. I just don't feel compelled to throw out my Gen 3's that are accurate, durable, reliable, and well vetted. And I think the primary beneficiaries of the Gen4 guns are the .40 and .357 models, where there really was a cogent need for the Gen4 product improvements. So basically, I thing that while Gen4 and Gen5's have some specified benefits, they're arguably selectively beneficial within certain calibers of Glocks and certain Glock platforms, and Gen 3 guns are not necessarily obseleted per se (especially in 9mm).

Best, Jon
    Good summary. My thoughts too. Not doing a heavy shooting schedule with my G17/gen3; but in retirement that can change on a whim. I’ve followed closely the roll out of the gen4, gen5, the increasing use of RDS, etc...etc.. Now we got CBP’s choice of hardware tossed in the mix. It’s not a matter of money, but for an old geezer that lives a low profile lifestyle, the newer models/variations just not game changers for me at this point. But, I keep reminding myself that technology evolves over time, and that I should be open to new ideas. If not, we probably still be carrying our “tried and true”, single shot flintlock pistols !!

User Tag List