Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 47

Glock 47

Chatter on GlockTalk.com indicates that this may be released commercially soon. See also this product listing on Omaha Outdoors.

This was originally developed for CBP, of course--allows for increased parts commonality with the Glock 19. Additionally, the 47 slide runs on a 19, and a 19 slide runs on a 47 frame. In combination with a Glock 19, the 47 becomes pretty compelling. Buy the 2, and you get 4 configurations: A Glock 19, a Glock "17", a Glock "45", and a Glock "19L".

Any of our well-placed sources have an idea on timeline?
    Last edited by CalAlumnus; 05-19-2020 at 06:16 PM.

I just bought a 17, so...yeah that sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I just bought a 17, so...yeah that sounds about right.
    I know the feeling. I believe that Glock is sitting on a pile of Railed 43X pistols in GA and waiting for me to buy an unrailed one before shipping them.

I’ll end up getting a 47 when they hit Blue label.

Site Supporter
    Besides the ability to swap slides and frames, what does the 47 offer over the 17?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Besides the ability to swap slides and frames, what does the 47 offer over the 17?
    A small amount of parts commonality with the 19/45. I mostly want one because if with a 47 and 19g5 I can swap parts around to make 4 different handguns.

I don’t presently own a 17 so in my position there are only advantages to the 47 vs the 17. The 47 is honestly what the 17 Gen 5 should have always been but it seems a lot of people are sentimental about that last quarter inch of dust cover.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    A small amount of parts commonality with the 19/45. I mostly want one because if with a 47 and 19g5 I can swap parts around to make 4 different handguns.

I don’t presently own a 17 so in my position there are only advantages to the 47 vs the 17. The 47 is honestly what the 17 Gen 5 should have always been but it seems a lot of people are sentimental about that last quarter inch of dust cover.
    Thank you. I wasn’t sure, so I wanted to know if I was missing something.

At the right blue label price, it sounds like the one to get.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post

LWD makes an adapter that fills the gap doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    LWD makes an adapter that fills the gap doing the same thing.
    If your only goal is to put a 17 slide on a 19 it does get you part of the way. But you still need a different recoil spring for the full-size and you still can not put the 19 slide on your 17 frame without having some underbite.

Site Supporter
    Are those re-designed bold sights for mos I see???

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Are those re-designed bold sights for mos I see???
    Probably these? Been floating around for a while... https://www.opticsplanet.com/amerigl...for-glock.html

User Tag List