Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redi-Load™ Revolver Grips

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I thought "well, maybe for a survival kit gun?" But honestly, a .38 j-frame probably isn't the ideal candidate for "survival kit gun" to begin with.

It's kind of a cool concept but I don't see any practical use for it. I do note it comes in "muddy girl" and "candy skull", so it's got that going for it. Which is nice.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

If only someone would combine the Redi-Load with the Pachmayr T.A.C. wallet holster grip thing

Name:  pachmayrTAC.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  25.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    If only someone would combine the Redi-Load with the Pachmayr T.A.C. wallet holster grip thing

It's prudent to note at this point that not all marketable ideas are good ideas.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    The grip is really big for a J frame because of the dimensions needed to stash the .38 cartridges. About the only scenario that I could personally justify the use would be for a long term storage stash gun or part of a survival kit where I would be assured of having at least 9 rounds of ammo. Sort of like an M6 Scout.
    That's what I was thinking. In a .22 that goes in a pilot's coveralls, or rancher's coat pocket, or a kit gun of sorts that mostly gets carted on backpacking trips. Not sure that it still makes more sense than a speed strip or just loose rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I thought "well, maybe for a survival kit gun?" But honestly, a .38 j-frame probably isn't the ideal candidate for "survival kit gun" to begin with.

It's kind of a cool concept but I don't see any practical use for it. I do note it comes in "muddy girl" and "candy skull", so it's got that going for it. Which is nice.
    A 3" j frame isnt bad. Im not to worried about speed after shooting a grouse for dinner.

Something like this
    Name:  178013_01_lg_0.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  20.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    That's what I was thinking. In a .22 that goes in a pilot's coveralls, or rancher's coat pocket, or a kit gun of sorts that mostly gets carted on backpacking trips. Not sure that it still makes more sense than a speed strip or just loose rounds.
    The only advantage I see is the ability to have spare ammo on the gun, sort of like a side saddle on a shotgun. I don't see that as enough of an advantage to get one though.

I have a couple of ammo wallets that work well enough for backpacking/hiking trips in addition to a couple of speed strips.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post

I remember when that came out but I don’t think I ever saw one in person.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Anyone have experience with these grips ?

Redi-Load™ Revolver Grips

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9a&oe=5EEA2C8B

Attachment 54271
    A buddy put a set of these on his j-frame for a little bit. I never fired it, but they felt just gawd awful in the hand.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I remember when that came out but I don’t think I ever saw one in person.
    I had a set for a while back in the 90s. Seemed like a neat idea, but at the time it wouldn't fit most of the pockets that I had so I traded it off.

The only use that I can see for the Redi-Load grips would be maybe for somebody that keeps a number of revolvers stashed around the house or office so that there was always some spare ammo with the gun? Several shops around here have various .38s in holsters every few feet mounted under / behind the display cases for the staff to grab rather than have everybody walking around wearing guns. Looks like the grip would be bulky and uncomfortable though, so seems like a pass.

Be a cool tool if you’re holding. Only one thing to ditch during the foot chase.

User Tag List