Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redi-Load™ Revolver Grips

Site Supporter

Redi-Load™ Revolver Grips

Anyone have experience with these grips ?

A speed loader they are not but is there a practical application for these ?

Redi-Load™ Revolver Grips

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9a&oe=5EEA2C8B

Name:  084A783C-9658-4494-81B2-BE5837FBE00E.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  24.9 KB

A combination grip/dump-pouch, which is neat but unfortunately about 40-50 years too late.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

My first thought on watching the video: "that seems like a really good way to dump four rounds on the ground when you need them the most."

My second thought after thinking for a minute: I can't imagine a use case for these that isn't better served by a speed strip in your pocket, or hell even just carrying five loose rounds in your pocket. Everything about this seems clunky and hard to use. The likely use case for a j-frame reload is topping off your gun after shooting someone while you wait for the police, and you're going to be jacked on adrenaline anyway, so let's make a task that is already difficult and fiddly under the best circumstances even more difficult and fiddly.

My third thought: just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should.

Not something that would appeal to me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Makes the butt of the gun larger than it needs to be and harder to conceal. Probably contraindicated for pocket use.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

A marvelous idea

What a wonderful concept and it's still catching fish after all this time.
    If only it came in pearl.

Site Supporter
    Watched the video. The slo-mo unintentionally showed how difficult. Imagine being highly stressed (ripping open base, not gently plucking tab). Think that will cause rounds to slowly drop into your hand? Or will they go flying? Would like to see grip repeatedly opened with force and speed to make final decision.

Maybe for wilderness carry/last-ditch type stuff, but as Caleb mentioned, I'm hard pressed to see any advantage (and several detriments) over a simple Speed Strip...

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Maybe for wilderness carry/last-ditch type stuff, but as Caleb mentioned, I'm hard pressed to see any advantage (and several detriments) over a simple Speed Strip...

Best, Jon

I think in theory it could have a place. Mainly the last ditch/survival idea.

I just have a hard time believing it could be executed in any reasonable way, whether the actual reload or losing the rounds unintentionally.

The grip is really big for a J frame because of the dimensions needed to stash the .38 cartridges. About the only scenario that I could personally justify the use would be for a long term storage stash gun or part of a survival kit where I would be assured of having at least 9 rounds of ammo. Sort of like an M6 Scout.

Not all reloads are emergency reloads and not all methods of ammo storage should be judged by that criteria. Claude Werner taught the importance of knowing how to load single cartridges in his snub classes. That seems to be a lost skill based on the above comments.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List