Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Future Gun Projects: What are your planning/wanting to build?

I’m also planning on acquiring a new hunting shotgun sometime. It will likely be an 1100 or 1187 with a wood stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    That would be cool. I saw one in a Cabelas last year but I wasn’t ready to buy one. I have a Sako action rifle my grandpa had made in the 221 Fireball.
    In a discussion elsewhere about shooting at distance (300 yards) with carry gun type pistols and occasionally ringing steel plates, someone mentioned getting something like 1 1/2 or 2" groups at 300 with their XP100. I decided In wanted one right then. Doesnt have to shoot big bullets, just shoot well.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

1. 12.5" 5.56mm BCM Kino upper on one of their lowers.
    2. As short as I can reasonably go with a 300 black upper intended to be run with a can. May involve a LAW folder just for shits and giggles. This may turn into a Rattler.

Does anyone make reliable 15 round magazines that are easy to find and affordable? (I really like the idea of a 12.5" 6.8mm but the magazine issue isn't one I've seen a solution for, if someone knows, please holler).

No time line at the moment, I plan on doing the paperwork and SBRing them. In these fickle times I worry how long the pistol brace option can escape the attention of stupid people, tho if they did suddenly make pistol lowers subject to the NFA, how would it be enforced?

OK, other than the stuff I need to finish current AR projects and a dedicated .22 upper, forget almost everything I wrote in post #29.

After spending time with my 4.25" and 5" M&Ps I didn't notice enough difference in handling or accuracy to keep going down the long barrel path right now. In fact, I'm not even terribly interested in trying out another platform so the P30 is on the chopping block and the ideas of a VP9, G34/35 and 5" 320 are gone as well. A Grendel or 3 may still be in the works but there's other things I need to get squared away before bringing another caliber into the mix. My 18" .223 Wylde upper will have to my ersatz A2/A4 build until next summer probably.

After reflecting on what truly made me happy during my 2 range trips this week I have a new set of priorities. I want a Volquartsen upper to put on one of my MkIVs and while I'm at it, I'll throw some of their action parts at it as well. And since I apparently don't hate my wallet quite enough, I want to do a kick ass .22 Charger build with a chassis and a brace as well. Not sure yet if I'll do a takedown version or not. Finally I'll have to build a 10/22 to go with this mess of .22s because again, apparently I don't have my wallet enough.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I'd like a smaller, very concealable gun. Probably a J frame. There are times that's really needed.

I'd like a 1301. For a home defense long gun, and maybe occassional coyote/hog/turkey hunting.

Realistically, I bought a decomissioned M17 earlier this year, and really needsto get my 92 carry gun's barrel NP3'd. Which means a 1301 (especially the LTT version) isn't happening this year. The J frame may not either.

I have a ton of goals but these are the ones I really see happening in the next 12 - 18 months

-Cory

Always on the lookout for the cheapest, most beat-up 92 possible and refurbing it for range use/backup to my carry 92g.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I ordered a 40 S&W barrel for my TC Contender and am finishing the grip set now.

Another idea- I may finally move on my idea of a SA CZ-75 Compact.
    Mainly by dropping a CGW Standard package and SA trigger into one.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I should think about accumulating parts to get my Krag back to a service condition.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I need to finally finish my Mark 5 Jungle Carbine. I bought it several years ago, paid extra for pick of the litter, it looks like the rest of the litter was stillborn. I'm looking for good stock parts - barrel bands, etc. I've bought some used and they were worse than what I had on hand.

I ordered the barrel (Criterion 16") and handguard (Aero M5 Atlas) to complete my AR-10, so I'll knock that out as soon as they arrive.

I also need to build two AR's for my oldest grandsons. I already have the receivers, barrels, BCG's, LPK's, and RE's, all I need are the handguards and the ambition to get out the blast cabinet to prep parts and then MolyResin them. One is getting OD green barrel, receivers and RE, with black stock, ALG rail and pistol grip; the other is getting same deal except in FDE and black. They are 19 and 22. Have to be done by Christmas. Then the question is what do I get their sister, who has absolutely no interest in shooting.

I'll be busy for a while.

I would also like to find a pawnshop 92 to rebuild, as well as a couple of 870's.

User Tag List