Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Future Gun Projects: What are your planning/wanting to build?

Site Supporter
    AR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. LaRue parts with a Tranquilo suppressor. Maybe a couple years away.

My Governor ran on an anti-assault weapons platform, so when legislation gets introduced I will be buying AR15 receivers for each of my kids and building .300 Blackouts for them.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And I'm going to go with putting a Wilson tune kit in my 92D Centurion.
    I went ahead and took a file to the Pachmeyr G10 grips on the D, as the back of the grips has a pronounced lip. Smoothed them right out.

I also pulled the sear out of my 92FS(G) so it can act as a training gun. Figure I'm going to go DAO Pizza this summer.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Pizza gun experiment:

Just bought a low mileage 92f. I’ll be doing the Langdon 13# hammer spring and a G kit.

Hoping to find a set of cast off vertec grips to try the poor man’s thin grip before investing in the g10 ultra thins.

Scopes for existing rifles. I cut things lean at the end of '19 and early '20. Then channeled funds away from safe-sitters into fully-kitted pistol and rifle setups. Some of those safe-sitters need scopes back. Not critical, but an old gloss finish Leupold 3.5-10 for my Ruger '06 (I found the 2.5-8x36 just a little tight on that long action) and something like a 3-9 Freedom Rimfire, but with turrets for a target model 10/22.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Finally I'll have to build a 10/22 to go with this mess of .22s because again, apparently I don't hate my wallet enough.
    Not going to lie, something like this is calling my name. If the accuracy is there and I could buy the chassis without anodizing, I'd have to try and find out what SIG used for those rainbow color changing models a few years ago. Get it done up with that finish, add some sparkly unicorn stickers and start messing with the rimfire guys at my club.

Name:  blue-takedown-marcus-.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  52.0 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Guess I will be building a 6mm ARC upper for my AR to go with my other boutique AR calibers

Long over due AR pistol build. The handguard I ordered came in yesterday so now I need to send it and the upper and lower receivers out for cerakote. Just need to secure a brace, a barrel, and gas block and I will have everything to put it together.

9mm AR pistol.

6.5 PRC Tikka revamp for hunting.

Put a KKM comp/barrel on the G23 for outdoorsy stuff.

So really nothing cool.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Since I am likely going to loose my job this fall due to CV19 my discretionary money has to be used for the bread lines so any new purchases have to come from me selling things. … on eBay
    I got furloughed the first day of the stay at home order, and I am also getting stuff I had set aside posted up on eBay. I have my first auction ending in a few hours and have a bid for the minimum and six watchers, so maybe it will go a little higher. I forgot that you can delay the start time because Thursday morning is not optimal, but I have two more staged to start Sunday evening.

But what do I plan to do with the money? Will probably just let it filter back into the family budget to replenish the funds I have been spending $50-$100 at a time, mostly on AR and reloading components. I am getting a little more serious about getting the ARs situated the way I want them. Have built up one upper around a barrel I had extra, and the stuff I need to build up another one will show up next week. Then I need a 300BO upper, so I may buy a barrel and initially swap it into one of the 5.56 uppers, till I decide how I want it configured. To facilitate all this screwing around I did up my game in the tool department a bit with a Midwest Upper Receiver Rod and a couple of SLR dimple jigs.

User Tag List